Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Bus monitors..you have them or is it all left up to the driver ?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
robertmommie
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 3:49 AM

I don't know, I take DD to school.

mommybug77
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 10:21 AM
I think so, only the Jr high ride the bus.
Kiwismommy19
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 10:51 AM

They have one here for the preschool/headstart kids. If none of them are on the bus, then it's just the bus driver. But it's never totally full, only about 3/4 of the way since they do a run with elementary kids, then another with the middle/high school kids.

When I was in school, they paid high school kids to do it. Easiest money I ever made  :-)

sarahjz
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I'm not sure.  There aren't many buses here.  There's an elementary school in just about every neighborhood.

itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 12:29 PM

When I was in school it was up to the bus driver. Now I don't know. My kids school do not do buses, parents have to take them to school.

johnny4ever
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:01 AM

son doesnt ride a bus

Ladyisis
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM

When my daughter was in Pre-K and rode the little school bus they did have bus monitors on the bus along with the bus driver. For, regular big school buses they only have the bus driver on the bus and cameras. My DD is going to 1st grade and will be riding the school bus again this year.

kerryket
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM

It's all on the bus driver and she must be a saint, some of the stuff my daughter and her friends have said the kids do on the bus, I'd be pulled over every 5 minutes!  

robertmommie
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I don't know, I take DD to school.

crazycountrymom
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM

It was all left up to the driver when my DD's were in school but there were times when they needed one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)