Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Does your high school have random "locker checks" Invasive of privacy????

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 9:13 AM
  • 28 Replies

by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Our school will do random locker checks. I don't think it's an invasion of privacy. If they are checking your locker they have more than likely heard that you have something you shouldn't have in there. They will bring in the K9 to check lockers too.

momof3angela
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 3:41 PM

The H.S. has had one or two while my DD was in H.S.  They were random.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM
The way I see it, students borrow a lockerfrom the school. If they wanna check on it that's fine with me. Random back pack or purse checks? A different issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

The way I see it, students borrow a lockerfrom the school. If they wanna check on it that's fine with me. Random back pack or purse checks? A different issue.

I agree. Lockers are school property and are for the student to use. The student doesn't own the locker so it's not an invasion of privacy.

inmybizz
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

jeremysmom04
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM

same here.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I agree. Lockers are school property and are for the student to use. The student doesn't own the locker so it's not an invasion of privacy.

QuiltLover
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 2:32 PM

we have them at ar school and,inmybizz, they are allowed to check backpacks and purses because they are ON the school property..go figure...checking for drugs and alcohol has no privacy.

Serenity75
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Same here.  I don't have a problem with it.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Our school will do random locker checks. I don't think it's an invasion of privacy. If they are checking your locker they have more than likely heard that you have something you shouldn't have in there. They will bring in the K9 to check lockers too.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Hmmm...That seems wrong to me. If they had a reason to look maybe but to just randomly go into someone's stuff?

Quoting QuiltLover:

we have them at ar school and,inmybizz, they are allowed to check backpacks and purses because they are ON the school property..go figure...checking for drugs and alcohol has no privacy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaci
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:46 PM

ditto! There shouldnt be anything in there that they wouldnt want anyone else to see.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)