Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Does your high school have random "locker checks" Invasive of privacy????

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Replies (21-28):
lhunt8
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:50 AM
It's not borderline because these items are being brought to school. Some people carry weapons, drugs, etc in their purses and backpacks... The school has the right to monitor that. No, they wouldn't be able to come to your home and search your child's room - those scenarios aren't even comparible..

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

That's a fine line though. Should the school get to stroll into your house and check their room too? Kwim? It's a little iffy to me. I do get what you're saying but legally it's borderline.

Quoting QuiltLover:

I didn't and still don't have a problem with it, even the personal item checks, I would want to know if someone was having an issue of selling drugs, using drugs, whatever in the school where my kids are,  You got nothing to hide, you wouldn't care if they looked. just my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I'm not sure.  They did them when I was in HS though, so probably.

kanake
I'm looking forward to fall.
Yesterday at 1:14 PM
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I don`t know about random locker checks, but I do know  they have the k9 sniffing around.

ceciliam
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Unfortunately, I think these days it's necessary.

abernathyvanna
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM

they did at mine. I didn't like it at the time, but now I understand why they did it. Especially condsidering all of the drugs that go through the local high school.

Ladyisis
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Yes at the junior high and high school they do random checks here. I don't think it is an invasion of privacy though.

onecuteladybug2
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Yes they do. It is not an invasion of privacy considering we signed something at the start of term that notified us of the possibility.

Mommy2justone
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Our high school had them, even had a dog that sniffed the locker rows twice a year. It is on school property, so they have the right to search.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)