Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Do you encourage your child to read other than for school? ( I know some kids dont care for it)

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 1:06 PM
  • 26 Replies

by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM

We did...when theywere little, they had to read to me every night and I read them a book before bed ..dd koves to read now and never goes anywhere without a book in hand..her and I are the same..son and dad are about the same...hubby only reads fishing stuff and the Bible and son likes heavy metal rock crap...he wasn't allowed to have that when he lived at home..

Kaci
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:13 PM

only my middle son was ever really interested in reading. I would buy him books all the time. At christmas he knew to expect a couple. The other two boys never  cared for it and you had a hard time trying to get them to sit still to listen to a story (or in Noahs case , sign a story) , much less read one. sigh~

HisSweetheart07
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I've tried but since he can't read its difficult... So normally I'm reading to him 2-4 books a day (short stories )

kmrtigger
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Mine read from 8:30 -9pm nightly.

And then skip on over and...

Join us in The Tween Titans Group!

Linds2Horse
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 12:01 AM

My son is too young to read to himself, but I read to him daily.

Kiwismommy19
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:59 AM
I do encourage it. I started by buying her a couple books a week as soon as I found out I was pregnant! She reads throughout the day. And then to me, then I read to her at bedtime.
Her favorite thing to read though is the directions on her math worksheets. To her, those are a fun break from other work :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsardo
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Right now what my son himself reads is for school/tutoring. The rest I read to him. I totally encourage it. It is an amazing gift that my son is learning to read.

robertmommie
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Yes, she isn't always into it every night, but most of the time she does.  DS isn't to a reading level just yet.

johnny4ever
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:47 AM

of course!he luves sunday comics

momof3angela
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 8:48 AM

You bet...as an avid reader myself...I make sure to have my kid's take time for fun reading as well as educational reading.  Both of my DD's love to read but my son needs a little more encouragement.  He'd rather do math or draw...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN