Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

What shows helped your child/children?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 9:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

Seasme Street

by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Barney

Kiwismommy19
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM

We've never really watched many educational type shows like that. For the most part, tv is mindless entertainment. Plus, most educational shows drive me crazy so I never turned them on. I'm not sure she could even tell you who Big Bird or Barney are at this point!

My husband and I do watch a lot of documentaries on different times in history and she watches with us. Not sure how much she gets but she finds it all interesting.

robertmommie
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 1:40 PM

DS soaks up educational shows like a sponge, so he watches a large variety when he gets the chance.  Pretty much a lot of Nick Jr and Disney Junior.   DD was a sesame street fan, she didn't watch much educational stuff.

Bmat
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Sesame Street

Mom2Just1
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM

We do this as well.  I can teach him without tv.  

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

We've never really watched many educational type shows like that. For the most part, tv is mindless entertainment. Plus, most educational shows drive me crazy so I never turned them on. I'm not sure she could even tell you who Big Bird or Barney are at this point!

My husband and I do watch a lot of documentaries on different times in history and she watches with us. Not sure how much she gets but she finds it all interesting.

kimsardo
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Sesame Street.

itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I let my kids watch Nick Jr from time to time, so what ever comes on that channel.

abernathyvanna
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Dora is helping them with spanish and so is Dragon Tales

momof3angela
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:46 AM

For my son cyberchase...and he really loves math.  Word World was a big help for my youngest dd.

momof3angela
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Quoting Bmat:

Sesame Street

Very helpful:) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)