Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Leadership Seminar I attended

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

It was full of interesting facts. Mostly I found out I'm a cheerleader type of Leader (duh I'm a mom first). And each of us needs to step outside the box and take charge when we can. When you find yourself in a situation where no one wants to take charge, its always the same person to step up and lead the group regardless of who is in the group. I seem to always be that person. Even to the point where others "assign" me that role.

They fed us breakfast~ coffee, tea and assorted pastries and lunch~ baked chicken or chicken fried steak/gravy, mozzarella/tomato salad or broccoli salad, rice pilaf or green beans and 3 kinds of cake for dessert.

We all got backpacks full of supplies, a hoodie and the opportunity to going the student government they are trying to bring back.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
emilyrosenj
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

sounds interesting!

kirbymom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Did you learn anything that you didn't already know?   Sounds pretty enlightening. 

Wyndi
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I learned there are differnet kind of leaders. Even the shy person in the back of the room is a leader by how they act and its not always the loudest in the group that is the leader.

Also learned I'm a cheerleader type of leader~ typically found in parents! Duh I could have told them that.

Quoting kirbymom:

Did you learn anything that you didn't already know?   Sounds pretty enlightening. 

kirbymom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

At least you enjoyed yourself. That, to me, is truly a learning experience for moms, in and of itself.  :)  Sometimes our learning experience comes just from being out and about interacting with other people.    

Quoting Wyndi:

I learned there are differnet kind of leaders. Even the shy person in the back of the room is a leader by how they act and its not always the loudest in the group that is the leader.

Also learned I'm a cheerleader type of leader~ typically found in parents! Duh I could have told them that.

Quoting kirbymom:

chichiwvu
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM

neat! I've always been a bit of a "take charge" kind of woman, LOL. I think I get it from my dad. Sounds like a very interesting seminar though!

Wyndi
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quoting chichiwvu:

neat! I've always been a bit of a "take charge" kind of woman, LOL. I think I get it from my dad. Sounds like a very interesting seminar though!

It was. I'm thinking about signing up to help plan next years 3 day conference. 1st I'm waiting to hear from my doctor before I add anything else to my plate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN