Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

If you could change the school system, what would you change? and Why?

undefined

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Replies (11-13):
Hannahsmommy816
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM

All around. Last year the cutoff for Kindergarden was August 31st.....I went to sign up dd1 for Kindergarden and they said the cutoff had changed to the 1st (she is the 16th). I was pretty upset that NO ONE had communicated this change! All I got was basically a "sorry, we screwed up" email from the coordinator and principal. I had to change a lot with my schedule with school and coordinate my mom's schedule so she could *hopefully* help me with picking up dd1 from school. I dont understand why at their meeting, they didnt look at the preschool children's birthdates and see if this change would effect them of having to stay in Prek another year. So now she has 2 yrs of preschool when 1 yr would have been fine. Good for having additonal schooling but still sucks on the lack of communication!

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

dd1's school.....the communication isnt the best!

How is the communication a problem? Is it between the teachers or the teachers and parents or vice verse? 

kirbymom
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

That would not sit well with me either. Especially if my child were ready to move on and couldn't. :( 

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

All around. Last year the cutoff for Kindergarden was August 31st.....I went to sign up dd1 for Kindergarden and they said the cutoff had changed to the 1st (she is the 16th). I was pretty upset that NO ONE had communicated this change! All I got was basically a "sorry, we screwed up" email from the coordinator and principal. I had to change a lot with my schedule with school and coordinate my mom's schedule so she could *hopefully* help me with picking up dd1 from school. I dont understand why at their meeting, they didnt look at the preschool children's birthdates and see if this change would effect them of having to stay in Prek another year. So now she has 2 yrs of preschool when 1 yr would have been fine. Good for having additonal schooling but still sucks on the lack of communication!

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

How is the communication a problem? Is it between the teachers or the teachers and parents or vice verse? 

Hannahsmommy816
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Yea I was pretty mad about it.....but it did help her transition to a 5 day half day schooling, but still 2 years really weren't necessary IMO and she has the same friends she was with (mostly....they combine each grade into 2 classrooms)

Quoting kirbymom:

That would not sit well with me either. Especially if my child were ready to move on and couldn't. :( 

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)