Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

How do you plan on saving for your child's college education?

Posted by   + Show Post

Saving for your child's college education can be tough but it doesn't have to be with the Gerber Life College Plan. We asked our CafeMom members to discuss the benefits in enrolling in the Gerber Life plan and then we gave them a donation to be used for their child's college plan! 

Tell us about your kids. How do you plan on saving for your child's college education?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
gacgbaker
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Our children's grandparents invest money into an account instead of purchasing birthday gifts for them, so that's the only money that will be there for them if they choose to to go to collage.  I don't really feel that it's my job to pay for their education beyond high school, if they want to go we will help them as we can, but I think they appreciate it more if they have to work for it.  

amonkeymom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I'm a single parent, my kids will have to do college the way I did.  Loans and work.

Sisteract
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

We are in the final stretch- 1 through grad school and the other finishing undergrad.

We paid from 6 mos of age- University. Our daycare and private education costs were as much as their public University tuition...it was part of the budget. 2 long lasting good careers helped.

Bmat
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM

We started saving from the time they were born, we had money deposited directly from my husband's salary, and any money gifts through the years went right into the children's college accounts.  My Dad had to work to put himself through college, and he said he never wanted his kids to have to do this, so he had set a good example, which we continued.  Both sons had enough to get through college.

LancesMom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Unfortunately we have loans. And so does he, for college.

babyboxfish
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:30 AM
we do plan to have little nesteggs for them
jessicasmom1
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM

we have a nestegg for DD

kellynh
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Love these ideas
MamaBear2cubs
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I had always wondered about Gerber Life! Can't wait to read more!

natesmom1228
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I have a savings account for me also, but a couple dollars a week in his is not a lot. He is also able to use it for a car if he wants. That is a great plan.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Our financial advisor told us to focus on our own future and let our kids do the same for theirs. So our money goes into savings for our retirement. It sounds selfish, but it does make sense because they're children with a lot more time before they have to worry about college or retirement than we do before we retire.

Quoting natesmom1228:

My son will get grants and whatever financial aid he is able. We do have a savings account, but we all know it's never enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)