Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

How do you plan on saving for your child's college education?

Posted by   + Show Post

Saving for your child's college education can be tough but it doesn't have to be with the Gerber Life College Plan. We asked our CafeMom members to discuss the benefits in enrolling in the Gerber Life plan and then we gave them a donation to be used for their child's college plan! 

Tell us about your kids. How do you plan on saving for your child's college education?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Replies (111-112):
moroccanmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I started of Florida prepaid college fund for each to my kids years ago. 2 of them are paid. It pays for 2 years at a Florida college tuition. If they need 2 more years they had better get some scholarship money. I'm starting Amiras in January with her Christmas money.

It was really affordable. I paid 45 dollars a month for Anthony and 70 dollars a month for Connor. You paid for 4 years. It locks in the tutuion pricethe year that you start. You never lose any of the money. If you need to cash out you cash at 100 percent. You can transfer the money to another child. I've been clear with my kids if they decide not to go to college or trade school that's fine I'm going on 1 hell of a vacation. They will not get the money for anything other than school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pattya925
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:18 AM

I have a TAP529 plan for my son.  the bulk of my "savings" money goes toward retirement, but at least I can help out a bit.  He wants to attend CMU for robotics and/or engineering and if that does occur, it is beyond expensive, but worth it, as CMU grads get hired.  I only have 7 years to figure this out! aggggggggggggh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN