Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

How do you plan on saving for your child's college education?

Posted by   + Show Post

Saving for your child's college education can be tough but it doesn't have to be with the Gerber Life College Plan. We asked our CafeMom members to discuss the benefits in enrolling in the Gerber Life plan and then we gave them a donation to be used for their child's college plan! 

Tell us about your kids. How do you plan on saving for your child's college education?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
KristinRox
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Thanks for the info from Gerber Life. This is some good info to have, because your kids future is always something worth investing in :0)

goddess99
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM

She has a saving account set up.

Reina13
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM

We have a saving account. Every monetary gift we receive, every tax refund, work bonus, overtime pay is placed in the college savings account.

I would love to hear what other moms do.

MommyAddie
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I bought the Gerber Grow-up for Life plan because my exhusband is a diabetic and uninsurable I didn't want that to happen to my kids if they were diagnoised in the future with something and I looked into the gerber plan after seeing the tv commercials. Once I bought those plans, they sent me info about the college plan.

Quoting itsblissmas:

Thanks for sharing this. Were you interested because of a commercial you saw, word of mouth from a friend or something else besides your own experience? I'm so close to being convinced but seems I'm missing something to make me officially go for it.

Quoting MommyAddie:

We actually have the Gerber Life College plans for two of our kids and are going to add another for the baby next month.  The girls have had the Gerber Grow-up for Life plans since they were babies because I wanted them to always have access to life insurance, no matter what the future held for their health, and it will always be $6 a month for them.  We started the College plans so that they won't cash out their life insurance policies for college money.  My parents always told me to go to college, but they didn't save a dime for me, nor did they teach me how to save.  I did, eventually, go to college in my early 30's but it would've been so much easier ten years earlier and now I'm looking at repaying my student loans until I'm 45.  I just want my kids to feel prepared to go to school right away.  The Gerber Life College plan makes sense for us becuase we pay a premium, so to us its just another bill.  Once the policy matures, there is a guarenteed cash pay out that will equal more than the total amount of paid premiums.  I like that the kids can use it for something other than college, too.  There is a good chance their grandmother will pay for college, so they could use their payout as a down payment on a house or something. I love the Gerber Life plans.  This is a guarenteed way for me to do something significant for their futures. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I wish I'd used something like that when my kids were young . . . boy, do the years fly by!

itsblissmas
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM

That's pretty smart. I did more reading up on it and I think they'll deny my one son because he's been diagnosed with respiratory disease. =(

Quoting MommyAddie:

I bought the Gerber Grow-up for Life plan because my exhusband is a diabetic and uninsurable I didn't want that to happen to my kids if they were diagnoised in the future with something and I looked into the gerber plan after seeing the tv commercials. Once I bought those plans, they sent me info about the college plan.

Quoting itsblissmas:

Thanks for sharing this. Were you interested because of a commercial you saw, word of mouth from a friend or something else besides your own experience? I'm so close to being convinced but seems I'm missing something to make me officially go for it.

Quoting MommyAddie:

We actually have the Gerber Life College plans for two of our kids and are going to add another for the baby next month.  The girls have had the Gerber Grow-up for Life plans since they were babies because I wanted them to always have access to life insurance, no matter what the future held for their health, and it will always be $6 a month for them.  We started the College plans so that they won't cash out their life insurance policies for college money.  My parents always told me to go to college, but they didn't save a dime for me, nor did they teach me how to save.  I did, eventually, go to college in my early 30's but it would've been so much easier ten years earlier and now I'm looking at repaying my student loans until I'm 45.  I just want my kids to feel prepared to go to school right away.  The Gerber Life College plan makes sense for us becuase we pay a premium, so to us its just another bill.  Once the policy matures, there is a guarenteed cash pay out that will equal more than the total amount of paid premiums.  I like that the kids can use it for something other than college, too.  There is a good chance their grandmother will pay for college, so they could use their payout as a down payment on a house or something. I love the Gerber Life plans.  This is a guarenteed way for me to do something significant for their futures. 

amonkeymom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Same here!

Quoting bamababe1975:

We aren't. My husband and I both got our Bachelor's Degrees on our own dime as we worked our way through school, so we expect our kids to do the same.

LancesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Great ideas! They are adorable!

Quoting MommyAddie:

LancesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

I wish I'd used something like that when my kids were young . . . boy, do the years fly by!

I feel the same way!

LancesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I wonder if Grandparents can do this for the grandkids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN