Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Music classes

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM
  • 21 Replies

Do your kids have a music class at school or is that an area that has been cut in your child's school? 

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:18 AM
I'm hoping to get my girls involved in band when it's time, through our school. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmel63
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:01 AM
My kids still have music lessons, but our music program is a shadow of its former self. Back in the good old days they began instrumental lessons for all 3-5 graders free of charge. This was a class in addition to the traditional music class.
batjmom
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:17 AM

My kids had a music class in elementary school then once they are in 6th grade a music class and picking an instrument is mandatory.   its interesting to see the what they pick out and how much they learn in such a short amount of time

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I'm hoping to get my girls involved in band when it's time, through our school. :)

batjmom
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Quoting Carmel63:

My kids still have music lessons, but our music program is a shadow of its former self. Back in the good old days they began instrumental lessons for all 3-5 graders free of charge. This was a class in addition to the traditional music class.

the kids really do like the music classes to from what Ive seen.  My 6th grader has to pick an instrument and play that for the year... its interesting to see what they pick and how much they learn in a short amount of time

jen113000
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Yes my boys have a music class!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM

kids school has a music teacher, but she's not in the "big" school yet, prek this year

AM-BRAT
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I loved playing violin as a kid, I wish I had kept it up. I'm excitex to see what the girls enjoy. ;)

Quoting batjmom:

My kids had a music class in elementary school then once they are in 6th grade a music class and picking an instrument is mandatory.   its interesting to see the what they pick out and how much they learn in such a short amount of time

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyB1011
by Missy on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM

We do have music at DD's school. They cover singing, music history (composers and styles of music), and playing the recorder (reading music).

jryberg
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM

they have music 3 times a week for 30 minutes in my daughter's school, she is in first grade. 

Jules_
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Yes, we still have music at our school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)