Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

OT - what are you reading right now

Posted by   + Show Post

So I am always looking for good book recommendations. What are you reading right now - or do you have any recommendations?

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
countrygirlkat
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Well mine probably isn't a good recommendation, lol.  I am reading Asthma Allergies Children: A Parent's Guide. 

In terms of novels though I love Jodi Picoult's books!

godsgirl26
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Nothing right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Breaking Dawn

GwenMB
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I'm going through all the Newberry Award winning books from 1922 - present. :)  Its juvenile fiction so definitely easier reading.  But really good books.  The one I'm currently reading (The Hero & the Crown) isn't as interesting for me, but I'm trying to not quit reading it.

My oldest is in K, so one thing I like about doing this is that I'll have read a bunch of good juvenile lit when he's old enough to read them - so hopefully I can steer him to them.  I may require him to read one a month (or something like that), assuming he loves reading & doesn't need to be encouraged to read.

jen2150
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I am reading the Borne Supremacy, Joy of Chemistry, and Born to Rise.  They are all really good so far.

jryberg
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

That's a great idea. I need to take alook at some of those award lists!

Quoting GwenMB:

I'm going through all the Newberry Award winning books from 1922 - present. :)  Its juvenile fiction so definitely easier reading.  But really good books.  The one I'm currently reading (The Hero & the Crown) isn't as interesting for me, but I'm trying to not quit reading it.

My oldest is in K, so one thing I like about doing this is that I'll have read a bunch of good juvenile lit when he's old enough to read them - so hopefully I can steer him to them.  I may require him to read one a month (or something like that), assuming he loves reading & doesn't need to be encouraged to read.

jryberg
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I just finished Gone Girl today - wow what an interesting book! 

Quoting Threes.Company:

I am reading Gone Girl.  It's good so far!

I just finished Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth.  GREAT BOOKS!

Threes.Company
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I am reading Gone Girl.  I am halfway through.  It's interesting! 

elasmimi
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Are you liking it?

Quoting Bmama1:

I finally decided to join the pack and read 50 Shades.

elasmimi
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:21 AM

We are really broke right now, so I am only reading free books from Amazon on my Kindle. Right now it's an in-depth bio of Anne Boleyn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)