Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Teachers out there I need your help! Update

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello ladies!  

A brief history:  I am a homeschooler going to college for my k-8 certification.  My daughter is 8.  This past year I created her a (3rd Grade) science curriculum that encompassed all of the learning objectives for grades k-5 related to Astronomy (outer space, how the universe began, etc.).  I created a chronological program starting with the Big Bang and it will end with the formation of earth and the water cycle.  The reason I am doing this is because I cannot find a secular curriculum that focuses on each topic chronologically.  

I am now working on building next year's curriculum (4th Grade for a what will be just turned 9 year old) which I would like to also include all of the learning objectives for grades k-5 related to life science.  I will have a short review of the creation of earth, volcanos, plate techtonics, etc. and move on to the different eras of life.  Along the way I would like to do an indepth focus on plant and animal kingdom classification as well as focus areas on various life cycles, cells and biological functions.  I am not worried about including human life in this study as that will be our focus over the summer.  I do however need to enclude all life science because in 5th grade we will cover Chemistry and Physics.  

This post is a request for either resources or information you may have regarding pre-existing curriculum that I have not been able to find.   

I appreciate any help you can offer!  Thank you in advance :)

Update.... I have completed compiling what we are going to do for Life Science next year!  It will be compiled from several different curriculum and cost me about 500$ but I did it!

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmama1
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry I can't help but I'll BUMP the post. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleK41
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a teacher but would like to help bump this post for you. =)

KaylaMillar
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I'm can't help but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Bump! Good luck! =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM

I'd like to help you but I'm not really sure what you mean. 

The curriculum's we use are mainly text book based. You could check into that, but it will be incredibly expensive. 

There's of tons of things available to supplement. But if you're looking for an inclusive curriculum that has everything together I'm not sure what to tell you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN