Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much homework does your child bring home each night?

Posted by   + Show Post

How much homework does your child bring home each night? 

Do you think it's too little, too much or just right?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
QueenWisdom
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Its just right!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Kindergarten- homework is technically optional for him but we want to create good study habits do he has to work with us on reading a book and doing a drawing and a bit if writing and math.
Nothing too intense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
extremelibrary
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Not much. My 7th grader has reading homework and my kindergartener has homework that can be done within 10 minutes.

Kris_PBG
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Not too much... He has a good deal of projects though.  He was assigned two this week due Monday - Yikes!  LOL!  He'll have to get going this weekend!

Threes.Company
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM

DD is in kindergarten.  She gets a homework packet on Monday that is 3 worksheets.  They have all week to complete it.  We usually just do it on Monday night.

copperswifey
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM

My 14 y/o son brings home the right amount I think. My 5 year old daugther has a monthly homework book. She has projects to do 5 days a week in it and then turns it in at the end of the month. My 3 year old doesn't have any yet :)

elasmimi
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:08 AM

We are not happy with the homework system. (She is only in kindergarten, so it's not a really big deal) Last year in pre-k, they had a ittle homework Monday thru Thursday. Now they get homework on Friday, which is due Wednesday. We always stay busy over the weekend, she has gymnastics on Monday, which means she winds up doing it all on Tuesday. I think  the first system was better.

kmqw229
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM
None, because they are not in school yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:10 PM
None. My four year old is in a Montessori school. I do however print out worksheets for him to do at home. His class does not really emphasize handwriting so we practice that at home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

In preK my son gets one assignment a week. It's tied to the curriculum and something we work on as a family. 

My fourth graders get a two sided math sheet each night. Once a week they have an additional writing assignment. They are also expected to study spelling and read for 20 minutes. 

It should be about 40 minutes worth of work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)