Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

potty trainning

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hello my name is jennifer my son turned 3 in september. I want  to get him in preschool so i want to start potty training. He tells me after he already has gone.alot of the times i know when he is going and I tell him lets go to the potty but he just refuses. last year i satred a chart but we just used it for washing hands brushing teeth

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
batjmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:13 AM
Both my boys were potty trained by the week they turned 3. Every child is different with what works. I did a potty chart, took them shopping to get "big boy underwear".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I agree that every child is different. Try to find what motivates him and use that to try and help him. Like if he likes stickers reward him with a sticker each time he goes. =)

Hannahsmommy816
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

i used the chart and each time dd1 sat on potty, pulled down clothes, used potty, washed hands, and flushed....a sticker for each one...when it was a full chart we went somewhere special! it really helped

Sillieguze
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM

When we were potting training our son, we have him an M&M every time he peed on the potty.  That worked well for him. 

MissyB1011
by Missy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Good luck! My DD was easy to train. My DS is a lot harder! He's 3 1/2 and still struggling with it.

copper1982
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Today i let him pick out his own potty chair. He really likes it because it has fish on it and makes its own flushing noise. So we will start first thing tomrrow mornig

copper1982
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM

it even came with its own elmo potty training dvd

Bmama1
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM
I'm still working on it with my 3.5 yr old ds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM

My son just turned 4 and my other turns 3 in January.  They are both potty trained now.  But, it was a struggle.  The 3-day method worked for us.  Go to BabyCenter.com and search "potty training in 3 days or less".  It will pull up the article for you in the search.

jryberg
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Good luck, I was lucky because my daughter has a big bladder and was easy to train. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN