Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Do you give your kids money for good grades? Do you think you will do that when your younger kids are in school?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
ambermario4ever
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

No we don't give money. But at the end of the year if they have had good grades the whole year then we will take them to do something fun of thier choice. Like the movies, putt putt, out to eat, ect. 

emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Can I ask a question without sounding facetious?  What is the difference between rewarding with cash and rewarding with a dinner out or books or anything else?  In one case you are letting them decide what to do with cash, in the other you are choosing what to do? 

Jessica020410
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:17 PM
I see what you mean. Though I don't care what other parents do, I guess I don't see the difference either. =)

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Can I ask a question without sounding facetious?  What is the difference between rewarding with cash and rewarding with a dinner out or books or anything else?  In one case you are letting them decide what to do with cash, in the other you are choosing what to do? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

We haven't started that yet. I'm not sure if we will or not. 

jen113000
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I haven't given money for a good report card. Just praise. Not sure if I will change my mind when they are older...

happy2bmom25
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM

when i was in jr high and high school i got paid for A's, but had to pay for B's. I think that is a good way to go. 

kmqw229
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I'm not sure yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM

My guy is 6 and loves to learn, so at this point i dont see the need to reward with money/stuff. 

However, if there comes a point and time where my DS is wanting an incentive for a job well done, then i would not be opposed to it. My hubby doesnt "work" for nothing... I like a reward for a job well done (im at SAHM) so its not like someone pays me to do landry or housework... BUT, I enjoy having a clean and organized house...so that is its own reward... When something is difficult or tough, i will reward myself with a treat... So if DS at some point wants a "treat" then by all means. Whatever will help him acheive a goal Im all for... 

Hottmomma607
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM
No we don't! They get a "good job" and "We are so proud of you"! They need to always do well! And if they don't then we'll work together&they'll try harder! They get rewards for other things!
JennMcBride
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM
We don't do money but if homework is done with no issues there's a reward. My oldest son has learning disabilitys and grades are a hard thing no matter how well he does
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN