Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

School Work Over Holiday Breaks

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

With the Christmas break coming up I was wondering if you have your kids do some school work, or just educational activities, while they are off school?

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM

My kids are still really young(1st grade and Kindergarten) so in the past they haven't had school work sent home with them over break, we just do fun educational stuff at home.  I don't know if this year the teacher will send anything home or not. 

ceciliam
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I do. We have workbooks that my son will work in, we review sight words and he loves Reading Eggs.

jen113000
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM

We will read and go over sight words. Oh and also math facts. He loves me giving him random math facts!

Hannahsmommy816
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM

we'll do educational activities and work on things....dd needs to work on tying her shoes (she is 5) and some other motor skills

natesmom1228
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM

More then likely yes. He had homework for the Thanksgiving weekend. He has to read everyday so if nothing else he has that.

MamaMandee
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM

We will do reading and crafts. 

emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 2:45 PM

We do educational activities as part of life, I don't give extra work over the holiday break.  We will sometimes visit a museum or something but that is because we enjoy doing that.

elasmimi
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Probably not, but she is only in kindergarten.

batjmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:57 AM

They read every night so that will continue.  As for school work I'm not sure what they will have.   My 6th grader had quite a bit over Thanksgiving Break

deadlights86
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I'm having a hard time getting ds school to send home regular homework much less any extra work. I already talked to the school psyc about it if I don't see something this week I'll have it written in his iep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN