Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

What are your kids reading?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM
  • 36 Replies

How old are your kids and what books/series are they reading right now?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jryberg
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is 6 and she is reading the Magic Treehouse books right now - actually she is reading pretty much anything she can put her hands on!

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM

My DD is 6 years old, she reads everything she can get her hands on. She loves the original Nancy Drew series, Olivia and Bean and Sister's Grimm.

4kidz916
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:57 AM

My son is still reading the Hunger Games-he's 13.  My 15 yo has been reading Vampire Diaries.  My 10 yo has been reading a Scholastic series about girls and cupcakes (I can't remember the name of the series).

batjmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM

My kids are both reading books for book reports due next month. 

My 5th grade is reading Theodore Boone

My 6th grader is reading a book on WWII.  I believe about a grandfather who tells his grandson about it... He just started it last night.  The title I cant remember and he took it to school.

AM-BRAT
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM
My dd is 6 and has many of the junie b series.

I don't love how she skews words though. :/

Hoping to move on to charlottes web and what not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

My oldest (11)always has several books going so I'm not sure which exactly is the newest, but I've seen both Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and The Happy Golden Years. Last week she read Tarzan and one of the Sister Grimm books. She just got the original Peter Pan book to read from the library. I think it might be a little dry for her, but who knows? lol

bamababe1975
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM

My girls are 11 and 12. My oldest is reading Queen of the Damned and my youngest is reading one of the Guardians books, the one about the Tooth Fairy (can't recall the title and she has it in her backpack).

chinosruca
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM
My daughter (9) just read 2 of the Pippi Longstockings books. I plan on taking her to the library after school to get her new books. My 2 year old likes me to read Bella books (Bella is a bunny rabbit) and my daughters name is Bella. She rarely lets me read anything else.....but sometimes a Carebears book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

My son is 6 and he is reading, Magic Treehouse A Ghost Tale For Christmas Time.

lish2127
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 7 and he blows through books so fast I can hardly keep up. He has almost read all the series books for his age at our public library. He's read almost all of Junie B Jones, Nancy Drew, Cam Jansen, Judy Moody and Stink, Ivy and Bean, Clementine, Dinosaur Cove, Magic School Bus, Magic Treehouse books, and many more. He's currently starting Geronimo Stilton books.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN