Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early Christmas/holiday memories?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

What are your earliest Christmas/other holiday memories?

If your child is old enough to have talked about his/her memories of prior years, what are their favorite memories?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM

My dad used to dress up as Santa on Christmas Eve and bring us our present.  So my earliest memory of Christmas is Santa throwing a snowball up at our 2nd floor apartment window - that must have been the year I had just turned 5.

Probably a year later, we had no snow for Christmas.  We always went to my grandparents for Christmas Eve evening for supper & opening presents.  That year, my uncle Ralph, who loved to tease us, said we couldn't open presents until there was snow on the ground.  I remember being upset because I believed him. lol

kmqw229
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:14 PM
My earliest memory is looking up into the sky looking for Santa's skeigh driving home on xmas eve.

We do that with our kids now. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM

i remember making cookies with my mom. going to my aunt and uncles for christmas eve, waiting and waiting to open our gifts, lol 

aidensmomma508
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM

you just made me remember going out with flashlights looking for santa LOL aww 

Quoting kmqw229:

My earliest memory is looking up into the sky looking for Santa's skeigh driving home on xmas eve.

We do that with our kids now. :)

Juniper53098
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I remember the Christmas contata that the 5th-8th graders sang every other year for our Cchristmas Eve program.  Everyone knew it by 2nd grade and sang it on the playground.  I never got to sing it in church, because we move after 5th grade and they sang it my 6th and 8th grade years.

fraujones
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I remember staring at our skinny chimney wondering how fat Santa was going to squeeze through. I was 4 or 5. 

I also remember my Dad dressing up as Santa for our Girl Scouts and asking on girl with short hair "What would you like, little boy?" This was in the 80s. There were no boys in GS back then. 

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I remember getting a blue bicycle I wanted when I was about 7. 

GwenMB
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Quoting fraujones:

I remember staring at our skinny chimney wondering how fat Santa was going to squeeze through. I was 4 or 5. That's funny, you'd think most kids would wonder about that!

I also remember my Dad dressing up as Santa for our Girl Scouts and asking on girl with short hair "What would you like, little boy?" This was in the 80s. There were no boys in GS back then. There aren't boys in GS now, are there?  It is funny that your dad thought she was a boy, didn't stop to think about where he was, I guess!

JennMcBride
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM
We always baked cookies, went to church and I always remember sending a huge package to my grandparents. We didn't do gifts, a tree etc once we were about 6.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Gathering with all of our extended family on Christmas Eve. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)