Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Do you still find time to read educational books?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the last one you read?

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Replies (11-18):
fraujones
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM

lol ;)

Quoting aidensmomma508:

i read alot of books about autism and special needs but actually haven't for a couple months.  the last book i read was 50 shades of grey, hey i did learn something lol

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

meam4444
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I haven't read too much lately

abra
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM
either. Non-fiction.

Quoting arthistmom:

I was wondering the same thing.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Do you mean books on education or general nonfiction based on our interests?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arthistmom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Recently, the non-fiction stuff I've read relates to the course I'm teaching this semester. I'm re-reading the essays I assigned to my class and reviewing other scholarly materials for my lectures. Additionally, my book group's current selection is a non-fiction title, which is a nice change of pace.

Quoting abra:

either. Non-fiction. 
SusanTheWriter
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Other than DD's textbooks so I know what's coming up, I tend not to read a lot of non-fiction.
The one I remember most was The Honest Courtesan, which was a biography of a real courtesan in 16th v Venice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Right now in my spare time ( what there is of it) im reading war and remeberence... About ww 2. It is fiction based on what happened during the war, so its been very interesting. Im about 200 pages in, with aout 250 to go. Right now, the germans are storming poland. ;) 

arthistmom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I was debating whether to assign a chapter of this for my class this semester (I ultimately decided against). But a student was quite interested in the topic of courtesans in the Renaissance and she did her presentation (and her research paper) on it. Veronica Franco was a very interesting woman, to say the least.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

. . .
The one I remember most was The Honest Courtesan, which was a biography of a real courtesan in 16th v Venice.

SusanTheWriter
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I wrote a (not very good) short/novella about a Venetian courtesan. The research was great! I only wish the story had been better. *gg*

Quoting arthistmom:

I was debating whether to assign a chapter of this for my class this semester (I ultimately decided against). But a student was quite interested in the topic of courtesans in the Renaissance and she did her presentation (and her research paper) on it. Veronica Franco was a very interesting woman, to say the least.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

. . .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)