Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you bought your house...

Posted by   + Show Post

was it for the school district or did you just love the house?  Are you happy with your decision or do you regret it?

Margaret

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
JennMcBride
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM
We rent but we looked for 2 years to stay in this school district.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Districts and surrounding districts are really good here. Some of the best in the country... So when we were looking i knew staying in the area chances were, we were ok!lol
I do wish we had chosen a town with lower taxes.. We pay about 17k a year. Neighboring towns about 13k ... And our schools r =.

I do love my house.. And when we needed more space we renovated and added on.. We didn't move.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Carmel63
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM

We bought a school district, the house was secondary.  No regrets.  My oldest is about to graduate and we got her first college acceptance to an excellent private college.

Heather2001
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Love the house, hate the district.  Doesn't matter though since we're homeschooling.

jen2150
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

We moved here to get a better job.  We homeschool so that wasn't even a consideration.  The homescooling community here is awesome so we really lucked out.  

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM
We didn't consider any houses if we were not happy with the schools they were zoned for...
mommythree0508
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM
There was a house that I absolutely loved. It was a beautiful old house with hardwood floors and a gorgeous staircase. 30 years ago,this was a great neighborhood. We passed on it because the neighborhood and school sucks.

Quoting happinessforyou:

I would never live in a neighborhood that had poor schools. Now that my last is a senior in HS, I can live anywhere, but why would anyone not care about their neighborhood? It's not like a beautiful house will sit right in the middle of the worst school district right?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:27 AM

No house 

fraujones
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

For the house. We want to move into a bigger house but stay in the school district. 

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

It was because it was in my price range.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)