Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Do you plan special activities when your child has a day off from school?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you plan special activities when your child has a day off from school?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Sometimes we do, sometimes she just goes to a friend or to my parents if I dont' take off.

ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Not unless hubby has the day off as well. 

aidensmomma508
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM
We usually do the same kind of thing go to the playground
Oceana09
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM

DD goes to pre-school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. On those mornings, we work on writing her name and sight word flash cards. On Tuesday's and Thursday's I usually plan on working on worksheets with her that consist with whatever they are learning in school, plus we do a little activity. This last Tuesday for example we did 2 worksheets on her letter for the week while the cookies we were baking were in the oven. While the cookies were cooling we made "Coffee filter Angels". Today we colored Christmas Bells. On Saturdays I try to take her somewhere where she can play or I've taken her to the fish hatchery a few times and she really seems to enjoy that.

abra
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Sometimes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Sometimes.  We will typically do some sort of special craft project (her days off are usually around holidays), or we will do something fun like bake muffins or go to the park.  She goes to preschool Monday-Wednesday.  

Today we took a trip to the craft store and she got to pick out a project...she is currently working on filling one of those make and bake things that you fill the metal frame with little plastic beads, then melt it in the oven to make a suncatcher...this one is a polarbear christmas ornament.  I also find ideas on pinterest.

JennMcBride
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM
We try to but it just depends, this has been a rough school year for them so its good for them to just have some down time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Not usually because I have daycare kids,too.

Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Sometimes!

SamMom912
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Most of the time yes.. Either a playdate with a friend or at least a trip to the gym for a swim and out for lunch. We have planned more exciting things, like trips to museums or aquarium ir zoo deoending on time of year. 

I dont really like to sit home... But my little guy does. Lol.. So depending on his mood, we will go for big day or just something small. 

I live just outside NYC in westchester county... So there is tons to do and see! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)