Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Do you plan special activities when your child has a day off from school?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you plan special activities when your child has a day off from school?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Replies (11-16):
Maries_Mom23
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Sometimes...just depends.  Now Christmas Break, I'll buy crafty things to keep them entertained. 

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM

We usually do...

Heather2001
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM

We plan special things for the days my husband has off work.  That's one of the great things about homeschooling - my husband's days off are in the middle of the week so we call those our "weekend" right now.  =)

jen2150
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM

All the time.  Although we usually take time off from school special for our trips.  We homeschool. Today I took my kids to Monticello.  They had an anniversary deal.  Admission was only $5 and normally it is $17 per person.  I take my kids special places without my husband.  When he has a day off he wants to work outside or stay home.  I love going places and so do my kids.  My husband does not so we just tell him about our exploits.

meam4444
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Yea, there is lots in your area to do!  I love nyc!

Quoting SamMom912:

Most of the time yes.. Either a playdate with a friend or at least a trip to the gym for a swim and out for lunch. We have planned more exciting things, like trips to museums or aquarium ir zoo deoending on time of year. 

I dont really like to sit home... But my little guy does. Lol.. So depending on his mood, we will go for big day or just something small. 

I live just outside NYC in westchester county... So there is tons to do and see! 

meam4444
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I had no idea you homeschooled...how do you like it? 

Quoting Heather2001:

We plan special things for the days my husband has off work.  That's one of the great things about homeschooling - my husband's days off are in the middle of the week so we call those our "weekend" right now.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)