Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Holiday Family Gatherings

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

Does your extended family get together for the holidays?

What do you do?  When do you get together?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Maries_Mom23
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

My grandmother passed away when I was 19 (I'm 33).  Prior to her passing, the whole family went to her house Christmas Eve. She'd make a ham and we'd all bring a side/dessert.  We'd go around 5, have dinner, clean up, then my grandma would sit at the tree and pass out gifts.  The adults and kids would draw names, and my grandma got everyone something.  We'd do gifts, play for a bit, then head home. 

After her passing, we tried to do Christmas Eve at my aunt's, but, it wasn't the same.  So, everyone just done their own thing.  Now that all of the grandchildren have babies of their own, we get together again.  Just not on Christmas Eve.  We are getting together this Saturday at my aunt's.  Everyone is bringing an appetizer, dessert and 2 liter.  Again, we are doing gifts and just spending time together. 

Juniper53098
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM

My dad's family is getting together the Sunday before Christmas.  We have a pot luck.  The only gift exchange is God parents to their God children, since Grandma and Grandpa are all gone.

My mom's family gets together on Christmas Day.  I just started going to this gathering a couple years ago, after my Grandma passed away.

abra
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
We spend it with dhs family
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM
We host Christmas at our home. Both sides of the family come, usually up to 20 people. Lots of fun!
JennMcBride
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM
My husbands family gets together. Were to scattered to get together with my family.
Hottmomma607
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM
We are too far from both sides of fam! :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN