Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Do you want your kids to follow in your educational footprints?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 27 Replies
Would you want you kids to attend the same schools you did? Obtain the same degree as you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

No I hope he graduates high school and goes to college idk

dsebastian23
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

No because I dont live in the same town as I did as a child and two they are their own self and will want to do other things...

Roo1234
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM
nope. they are individuals with their own strengths and weaknesses, not mini mes.
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Attend the same school? Not necessarily though we'd like them to go to a small liberal arts college like our alma mater. Obtain the same degree? I doubt that our boys have the affinity for my line of work (or my husband's) but we'd be delighted if they want to go to grad school for an advanced degree in a discipline they're passionate about.

SusanTheWriter
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Nope. I attended an ultra-conservative Christian college and would never send them there. My other undergrad is from a rather generic state university. DH graduated from the USAF Academy, and neither one has any great desire to join the military.

TranquilMind
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  One has more options with advanced degrees.  We both have doctorate level degrees and we hope our children proceed this far as well, given that they are academically-oriented anyway. 

JennMcBride
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM
No....I was homeschooled. But I want them to finish high school and go to college.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM

My son is going to the community college that I started at then he will go away for the other two years.  I worked full time while going to school and never got the chance to live away from home. I want my kids to be able to have that experience.  My 12yo will probably go right into a 4 year college.  She's disciplined and gets her work done for the most part.

abra
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Nope, I was homeschooled and ended up with a crap education. I had to further it on my own as an adult. They are following in their father's educational footprints. He is currently a med student after graduating with honors and getting his BA and teaching jr high and highschool for many years. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM

No. I want them to find what makes them happy and do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)