Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Do you want your kids to follow in your educational footprints?

Posted by   + Show Post
Would you want you kids to attend the same schools you did? Obtain the same degree as you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Replies (21-27):
jen2150
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM

No, we are homeschooling for a lot of reasons.  I don't want them to struggle like I did.

Juniper53098
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM

My kids have all gone (will go) to one of the grade schools I attended.  For high school, they will have a choice of 3 different schools (2 private and 1 public).  My oldest chose public high school.  I would love for 1 or more of my kids to attend the same college I did.  My oldest chose UW Milwaukee.  I don't care what they major in.  I don't expect them to have the same interests as I do.

Neka200
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM

No I want them to do what makes them happy

meam4444
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM

They don't have to go to the same school, but I would love if they did engineering.  So yes to some extent I would like them to follow.

fraujones
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I was homeschooled and didn't like it. I wouldn't be upset if she went to the same college as I did. If she wanted to get an English degree, I'd support her, but I'd also encourage her to consider more marketable options. 

Heather2001
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Nope.  I want them to follow their own dreams and aspirations.

kmqw229
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM
I think it's great you give them a choice :)

Quoting Juniper53098:

My kids have all gone (will go) to one of the grade schools I attended.  For high school, they will have a choice of 3 different schools (2 private and 1 public).  My oldest chose public high school.  I would love for 1 or more of my kids to attend the same college I did.  My oldest chose UW Milwaukee.  I don't care what they major in.  I don't expect them to have the same interests as I do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN