Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Does your child understand recycling?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your child understand recycling?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Replies (11-18):
TonyaLea
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Yep.  She is 4.

SamMom912
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg yes! His dad is an environmental engineer! Our planets health is very important to us! Hubby drives a cng car!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Yes. We have curbside recycling in our city making it easier to do We recycle more than we throw away. Additionally, we often take old things and use or upcycle them in new ways to meet our needs and prevent waste. We also buy things second hand.
Our children have grown up with the concept.
MansfieldMama
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Yes, but they're 8 and 15.  They are old enough to understand it easily.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Yes, as much as a child who is almost 4 can.  She knows what kind of stuff is supposed to be thrown in the "white garbage" (we use a garbage can without any liners for recycling) and what is labeled as trash to be thrown in the "black garbage" (a black liner in a trash can for the trash).  She never makes a mistake because if she has any questions, she will ask which garbage it goes in if she's not sure.  Most of the time she already knows though. :)

scorpiobabes
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM

My daughter is 19 now, but she has always known about recycling-she's more up on the types of plastics that we're allowed to recycle, and would double check to make sure that I only recycled the right kinds! I started out making it a game for her-and she loved helping me take the recyclables out; we even had to get a second bucket because we were recycling so much!

I'm trying to teach my boyfriend-when I moved, the town didn't recycle cardboard, but since we moved here, he's really gotten into the idea of recycling. Sometimes he forgets, but he'll repurpose some of the plastic trays or tubs that once held food to store things for his model railroad.

rstuart66
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Our apartment does not currently have that available but we are buying a house and I will teach her to help me recycle then.  I would recycle on my own here but I would end up on hoarders as I have no storage space.

maxswolfsuit
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Yes

My five year old will pick recyclables out of the trash if he sees them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)