Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Make up?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
What age do you think girls should be allowed to wear make up to school?

Were you allowed to wear make up to school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
abra
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I was homeschooled, but I wasn't allowed to wear it until I was 16. For our daughters, they will be allowed when they start needing it. If they have am acne problem that needs covering, or one of my daughters has really long eyelashes and the other one has short ones. The daughter with shorter lashes will be allowed to use mascara earlier in narural looking ways. My guess is 14 or so.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM

We homeschool so wearing it to school isn't an issue.  My 4 y.o. likes to be like me and do what I do, so she pretends and uses my brushes while I put on makeup.  It'll depend on a lot of factors as to when she's allowed to wear it for real.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Never! Make up is toxic.

Yes. Starting in Middle School and I feel that was too young. I don't wear make up anymore. It is damaging to the skin. I am teaching my DD that make up is for special occasions only, not every day use.

emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:35 PM
My daughter wears it for special occasions. She is not allowed to wear anything other than lip gloss to school. She's 12
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I wasn't allowed until I was in high school.  I don't know what age I will allow my girls to wear it...I guess I will hold off as long as possible. 

Juniper53098
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM

My daughter will not be allowed to wear it until she is confirmed (end of 8th grade).  I will also teach her that it is for special occasions only, which is what she'll see modelled from me.

SamMom912
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Puberty.. Teach skin care.. Teach tasteful make up. That was what i learned and when. I am always complemented on my skin, my makeup... Its never garish overdone..and i rarely (except the gym) leave the house without it. All my makeup has sunscreen and moisturizers. I always look my best and feel with basic makeup it helps me to look that way. 

As far as when i would let or teach, I only have a boy. 

k1kelley
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Age 14 or 16. i don't wear make up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN