Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you reward your kids for good grades? What do you do?

good

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Replies (11-14):
ChaninsTutoring
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I always rewarded my children for good grades, with little things like picking out where to have dinner, or a game or such. Today as a tutor I still give my students & grandkids rewards for good grades. playing games together like tic tac toe or the square game to finish up the days homework.  It works wonders at keeping them focused. 

MissyB1011
by Missy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:56 AM
We reward with some kind of treat or toy or craft stuff. It depends on the weather as to what she gets.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

No.  We praise for a job well done and don't punish when they do poorly.  It's their responsibility and their grade that they have to live with.  We do go out for a family dinner around report time, to enjoy life.

kirbymom
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I think you can reward kids for good grades but I also think it varies with their age and what type of reward you do. I think older kids would much rather have the money than go out to eat whereas a younger child still has that ideal set in their mind that going out to eat is "totally awesome" to them and would therefore be an appropriate reward. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)