Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Hello

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello Everyone, 

I am a mom, a grandmom, and a tutor. I love being around children so it was a natural decision to work with them. Of course, I tutor from 2nd to college so I work with them at all ages. My children are almost grown, but I still have my grand children and work with them often (they are 6 and 8). I have always been a believer in education and believe that we as parents need to stick with our students throughout their academic careers. We should not let it all for the teachers to handle, we should be proactive rather than reactive. 

Anyway, I am here and hopefully will learn some new things and offer my experiences as well. 

Chanin Storm

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kirbymom
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Hi Chanin. Welcome to the group!  :)   

So you teach to all all levels of the school spectrum huh?  That must be an interesting field. You also get to meet so many different people. 

I also believe that parents and people should be proactive with regards to education instead of being reactive.  If more were proactive, then we would have more students graduating with more skills than we do now, and they wouldn't have to go to remdial classes when they go to college. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN