Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went To the Doctor

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

I took dd to her pediatrician today. She has been diagnosed with encopresis. He gave her Miralax to take everyday until she goes normally. He also wants her to see a psychiatrist.

I am a pro life, non ERF & CIO, spanking (when needed), co-sleeping (when needed), non breast feeding (my girls didn't want to) , army wife, and mother of 2 beautiful little girls. (Owner of the Older Kids With Toileting Issues Group! http://www.cafemom.com/group/114936) Currently surviving deployment #3
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cedailey
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I hope this fixes the problem for you.  I have to use Miralax on ds about once a month when all else fails.  It gets him to go, but doesn't carry over.  As soon as he stops taking it, his BMs go right back to 2-3 times a week (and that's on his special diet)

ArmyWife0105
by Group Owner on Jul. 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Quoting cedailey:

I hope this fixes the problem for you.  I have to use Miralax on ds about once a month when all else fails.  It gets him to go, but doesn't carry over.  As soon as he stops taking it, his BMs go right back to 2-3 times a week (and that's on his special diet)

It's funny now that you mention diet. The doctor didn't even ask me about Emma's.

I am a pro life, non ERF & CIO, spanking (when needed), co-sleeping (when needed), non breast feeding (my girls didn't want to) , army wife, and mother of 2 beautiful little girls. (Owner of the Older Kids With Toileting Issues Group! http://www.cafemom.com/group/114936) Currently surviving deployment #3
cedailey
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM

It took us a couple of months of elimination, trial and error, but diet is cheaper and less habit forming than drugs.  (the dr told me Mirralax was non habit forming, but I have a cousin who's a Pharm.D. and got me the full drug listing-the body can become dependant on the laxatives and lose the ability to function on its own)

ArmyWife0105
by Group Owner on Jul. 22, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Quoting cedailey:

It took us a couple of months of elimination, trial and error, but diet is cheaper and less habit forming than drugs.  (the dr told me Mirralax was non habit forming, but I have a cousin who's a Pharm.D. and got me the full drug listing-the body can become dependant on the laxatives and lose the ability to function on its own)

I don't think I am going to have her on it long enough for that. I have tried changing her diet and it didn't help her. I think it is all mental for her at this point. She thinks it is always going to hurt. I am hoping that between the Miralax and seeing a psychiatrist it will help her with it.

ecmom12
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Has seeing a psychiatrist helped?  I have a son who refuses to poop on the potty.  He has been on Miralax for a long time because or constipation related to eating issues that were related to sensory processing issues.  He is almost 5 and am highly considering a psychiatrist.  I would love to know if you found it helpful!  Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN