Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone work 8hr shifts overnight?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 235 Total Views
My job is changing from 12hr to 8hr! FML! I can handle no sleep a few days a week...but FIVE! Ugh! I need some help on how some of you do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MixedCooke
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I work 8 hr shift and well we briefly went to a 10 hour shift and that was actually harder for us!  I also take care of my 2 yr old in the day.  I dont think I could make it through my week without caffeine.  I just hate that I dont feel like I have more than a day as a complete family!  Well I am usually up from 1015pm until about 130pm and then nap until about 330pm and then again at about 715pm.  No I dont get very much sleep but my 2 yr old will go to pre-school soon.

peaches_04
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I work 11-7 go home and sleep from 8-1 when dh has to get ready and go to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Im only .8 though so about 4 days a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ericajazmin
by Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Thanks for the insight ladies. Still not sure what I'm going to do. I start nursing school next month and maybe starting 8hrs shifts in October. Just wondering when I'm supposed to fit sleep and studying in to the equation. Sigh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatinbriansmom
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 4:25 AM
Right now I work 7pm to 7am. Soon I will be changing to 11pm to 7am. I play catch up during the weekend and sleep and rest as much as I can.
AO-88
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:58 AM
I usually work 4-5 6hour shifts and 1 12hour. It's exhausting!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BelindaDuvessa
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:23 AM

I did it when I was an overnight stocker at Wal-Mart.  It sucks, but I was also working 2 jobs.  I would come home in the mornings, tend to the kiddos until about 9, then wake hubby up and go to bed until maybe 4?  Then go to my first job, then my second with maybe a 45 minute break in between.  I've been lucky having my hubby stay at home to watch the kids while I work.  He's having to look for a job now and I'm nervous as to how this will change our dynamics with the kids....

peaches_04
by Group Owner on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Hows it going
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ericajazmin
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:20 AM
I ended up going Part-Time, nursing school was killing me! Money is tight, but it will be worth it in a years time :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)