Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon or for good?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 140 Total Views

Poll

Question: How soon or long?

Options:

Soon--within the next year

Another year or 2

3 to 5 years

who knows!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

How soon before you switch back to regular work hours or do you think it will be for good that you stay on night shift?

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by Group Owner on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I said 3-5 years
Im trying to go back to school and im thinking of switching to days when and if i ever get my rn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM
I plan on quitting soon. If I stay here it takes about 20 years to get on day shift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

I plan on quitting soon. If I stay here it takes about 20 years to get on day shift.

are you in the medical field or law enforcement type?  what do you do?

3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM
No I work in a yogurt factory. Dannon. I was going to be a sahm when we got pregnant with or oldest. We were both army so i got out. DH got injured and it ended his career. So I moved to Texas and got a job to help us make the transition financially. For 5 years we've been paying off debt and investing etc so I can quit and go back to school even if DH doesn't find a job. He's on disability but hoping to find work he can do now.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

No I work in a yogurt factory. Dannon. I was going to be a sahm when we got pregnant with or oldest. We were both army so i got out. DH got injured and it ended his career. So I moved to Texas and got a job to help us make the transition financially. For 5 years we've been paying off debt and investing etc so I can quit and go back to school even if DH doesn't find a job. He's on disability but hoping to find work he can do now.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

Yeah, I was hoping this was a stepping stone but it has become more of an abyss and now that I have kids, Im not willing to put my life at risk by doing what I really want to do--Internal Affairs  : /

3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Yeah I was an MP in the army. Now I wanna go into occupational therapy.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

Yeah, I was hoping this was a stepping stone but it has become more of an abyss and now that I have kids, Im not willing to put my life at risk by doing what I really want to do--Internal Affairs  : /

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM
What do you do?

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

What do you do?

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

Records at a police dept with my shift handling the arrest information, rap sheets, etc.

peaches_04
by Group Owner on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM
After living in the 9-5 world for the last couple of months i realize how much i miss it:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashbeth1978
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:44 AM
I planning on going back to school in the next 2 yrs, most of it I can do online then I'll have to switch to weekends so I can have the week off. And after that I'll be looking for days. My oldest son will have graduated highschool & be out of state in college & I'll need to be here with my 8 yr old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN