Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DONT YOU HATE IT WHEN...

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 73 Total Views

You oversleep and then it is like the world is conspiring against you to make sure you are even later?!  So I overslept 15 minutes, then as I am going to jump in the shower for a quick wash, I notice a roach!!!  Take a few moments screaming and killing that, then as I am driving out of my neighborhood a slow handicapped elderly driver is moseying along casually traveling through the neighborhood!! Ugh!  I FINALLY make it onto the highway only to get stuck behind a slow driver on the on-ramp and then 2 semis, who are blocking my way to pass them!  I get past them only to have to merge due to construction blocking 2 lanes and then see a trooper as I near 80 miles per hour.  Luckily he mustve been looking down and missed me speeding past him with my foot nudging the brake!  As I enter the next offramp, there is more construction merging us down another lane!  I FINALLY make it into work about 6 minues late and who do I see as I walk in??  The Supervising manager of the entire unit, who normally works days and already has it in for me!!!  Really, the one day that I show up late after a week of being in 5 minutes early and that is the day you choose to grace us with your presence??!!  Ugh!

Of course 5 minutes later, she called me into her office asking if I havent resolved my coming in late issue.  Luckily I had made sure to call in to let my co-workers know that I overslept and was on my way and I am sure the other shifts supervisor has been asked to monitor my arrival, so she is aware that I have been coming in on time if not early.  City policy though is we have 7 minutes before we are considered late and I squeaked in at 6 minutes!  YES!!!

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
peaches_04
by Group Owner on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Lol one time I was late and a whole line of school buses pulled out of the bid station right in front of me a block before rail road tracks where every damn bus had to come to a complete stop and open there door and close it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ashbeth1978
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:36 AM
I know exactly what you mean and usually on those days something happens at work, I'm a nurse to throw everything, my whole schedule off, so everything I have to do before I leave is late & I'm still at work an hr or so after I should of been able to clock out & go home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)