Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Journals CafeMom Journals

My Interesting July

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM
  • 3 Replies
I'm just going to tell you about my July. Every month, I will tell about my month. Here goes...

We had a very nice 4th of July. It was over my mom's house and a lot of people came. My grandmother came and she's 96. She had 10 kids, so I have lots of aunts and uncles and cousins. We played some fun outdoor games and after the party we went to see the fireworks. My daughter delilah is scared of fireworks, so my cousin took her home and watched her while we were at the fireworks show. I wonder if the fireworks scare the baby. At the time her hearing was developing, and I was thinking the baby would be scared. The fireworks were nice, but traffic was terrible. Some streets had some construction going on and it made everything worse. We were in traffic for 45 min! That was the worst firework traffic we've ever been in.

During the whole month we were buying things for the baby. I quit my job in may, and they gave me $1500 to come back. $500 for my last pay, $500 for my maternity gift, and $500 for me to stay. I used that money to buy nursery furniture and some money to get the walls painted in her room. I was so lucky to have that. I thank god for them to provide me with that. We had to buy everything all over again because ergot rid of the stuff we used for Delilah. I know, that was a dumb decision. I didnt think we were going to have anymore.

I'm so excited for my little Quinn to be here. I have to pick a middle name, but I have lots of time. She's coming in November, but I can't wait. I wanna be able to see her. Since we won't reveal the name for her until after she's born, the baby shower theme is names. Everything will be based on names. A cake with names on it, name games, we will make sure we give the name when I open the gifts too. The baby shower will be a month exactly before her birth, which is October 15th.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I will be posting more soon. Have a nice day!
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pootersmomi
by Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. And congrats on your pregnancy. I'm looking forward to your August update.

LancesMom
by Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Its so much fun buying for the new baby! Congratulations! How exciting! Sounds like your really needed at work! Hugs!

iluv2read
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Wow, how exciting! Congratulations! Oct 15 was my grandfather's birthday, so I think it's a pretty awesome day. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)