Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

E's Journal: Job Pitch

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM
  • 11 Replies

To whom it may concern:

I am writing you today to apply for the job of camp counselor. I know that I am older than most of your applicants (and that you have many, many applicants to choose from) but I am the best person to add to your camp staff.

First, I am very experienced in the job of camp counselor. Yes, I can lead a group of young children to and from their activities in an efficient manner, but I can also mitigate homesickness, sing in the rain, spend 22hrs a day working, dance in the moonlight and doctor a wound.

Covered in bug bites and mud, I'll hold my head high, encouraging my campers to do the same. I am a master chef over an open campfire and a wiz with arts and crafts. I can swim across a lake and bring a loud room to silence.

I bring with me seven summers of experience, seven summers of sleeping outdoors in a platform tent, seven years of eating whatever concoction the mess hall is serving, seven years of drying tears in the night, seven years of making the magic of summer camp happen.

Please consider me one of your best applicants, this is what I love to do. Nothing makes me happier than bringing magic and joy to children as they learn to explore the world without their parents and open their wings. I anxiously await your response, thank you for your time and consideration, E

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mp3mom
by Cherrie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM

This is great! Are you attaching it to the application?

EBee12
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM

It's from today's daily writing inspiration :-) I don't have the lifestyle (baby, FT job) to be a camp counselor again no matter how much I'd love to do it.

Quoting mp3mom:

This is great! Are you attaching it to the application?

mp3mom
by Cherrie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

LOL! I read it before I saw the daily inspiration... That's how good you are!

brieri
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Take on the camp experience once again, taking baby with you.  All your loyal camp children can help you care for her/him.  Baby may just have lots of joy too!

EBee12
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Lol! I've love to but the amount of money a camp counselor makes wouldn't cover my bills & mortgage. Maybe some day in the distant future I'll buy/run a camp of my own.

Quoting brieri:

Take on the camp experience once again, taking baby with you.  All your loyal camp children can help you care for her/him.  Baby may just have lots of joy too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beanielips
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM
That sounds like you had a lot of fun being a camp counselor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Those are the times you say "I am demanding to take a vacation"  and you take off!  Who cares about work these days?

EllenMeister
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:36 AM

This is awesome!!

EBee12
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I run an in-home day care, so unfortunately time off is not easy to come by as it is not just my schedule but the families of the children I care for as well. On the other hand, when my day care babies (they are all babies now, the oldest is 10mos) are older, I'm hoping my day care job will be a lot like my camp counselor job!

Quoting brieri:

Those are the times you say "I am demanding to take a vacation"  and you take off!  Who cares about work these days?

sandbuster
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

awesome, i'd hire you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)