Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Journals CafeMom Journals

Ellen's journal: My Son's First Girlfriend!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 5:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

My darling 16-year-old has his FIRST girlfriend and he is so happy it almost makes me weep! This boy has always had a lot of friends, but is terribly shy around girls. I always knew he wouldn't have a girlfriend until someone asked him out, and it finally happened.

He is gaga over her, and it seems she feels the same way. (They post on Facebook, so I get to snoop a bit.)

Anyway, the poor kid's been through a lot as he was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease at the beginning of 9th grade, and he was so very sick. I thought he would starve to death before we had a dx! (He was 5'9" then and went down to 89 pounds.) He's on an aggressive treatment now and is feeling mostly great. His weight is still an issue--he's over 5'10" now and only weighs about 125 (he should be closer to 150), but it's a great improvement over two years ago.

He's been such a trooper! This kid is my hero. And now he's smiling all the time, which he deserves.

xo

Find me at: ellenmeister.com  *  my blog  *  facebook * twitter                       

by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mp3mom
by Cherrie on Sep. 21, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Oh, Ellen, I'm SO happy for you and your son! I wish him well. How exciting! I'm glad he's improving with his health as well. Keep us posted... Hugs!

brieri
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM

sweet.

midnghtsprnkle
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Thats  so wonderful for your family that he is doing better.. Sending my prayers that he continues...

EllenMeister
by Ellen on Sep. 22, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Quoting mp3mom:

Oh, Ellen, I'm SO happy for you and your son! I wish him well. How exciting! I'm glad he's improving with his health as well. Keep us posted... Hugs!

Thanks so much! I will. :)

EllenMeister
by Ellen on Sep. 22, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Quoting brieri:

sweet.

Thanks!

EllenMeister
by Ellen on Sep. 22, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

Thats  so wonderful for your family that he is doing better.. Sending my prayers that he continues...

I really appreciate that! 

beanielips
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:29 AM
How cute! I just love when shy guys finally find the right girl!

Sorry to hear about his dx, hopefully with the aggressive treatment he will continue to get better. Hugs and prayers to you and your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EllenMeister
by Ellen on Sep. 22, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Quoting beanielips:

How cute! I just love when shy guys finally find the right girl!

Sorry to hear about his dx, hopefully with the aggressive treatment he will continue to get better. Hugs and prayers to you and your son.

Thanks, mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN