Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VENT* Me, Me, Me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I'm sorry... I really need to get some things off my chest. I had a baby about a month ago, so I could just be hormonal. Please, feel free to tell me if I'm being crazy.

My mom, twin sister, and I have always been pretty close. We are honest with eachother, and tell eachother almost everything. We have always communicated everyday. Email... text... phone... whatever

About 6 weeks ago, my mom has decided to divorce my stepfather (who has been my father for the last 12 years- including teaching me to drive, and walking me down the isle). They have raised my sisters baby since birth. She was a teenager when she had her, and thought they could give her a better life, which they have.

My sister announced her divorce about 3 weeks ago. She moved in with my husband and I (and our 3 year old & 1 week old). I was there for her. We stayed up talking and crying... doing things sisters would for eachother.

I have been there for the both of them. But, now, my mom has started seeing someone new. She is in love with him, and she's planning on marrying him- you know, when she divorces her husband of 12 years. My sister moved out and is now seeing someone- after she was seperated for a week.

Now- they all of the sudden have no time for me. I try to call and I am told they have to call me back. That's fine... life happens. But, I NEVER get a call back. I don't get emails... text... nothing. The only time I hear from my sister is when she needs to borrow more money. If I didn't attempt to call my mom, I'd never hear from her. My mom has seen my children a total of 3 times in the last 5 weeks. And that's only because I made the attempt.

I know they are going through major life changes right now. I've been there for them. But, they aren't the only ones. I just added a new person to my family! My sister's child has now lost her grandfather whom has been her father her whole life- and her step father! And now, both "mothers" have brought whole new "replacements!" My mom is living with this guy!

I feel completely left out of everything. No one cares to check up on me after having a baby. No one cares about my other child. :(

Not only that, my husband doesn't notice anything new, either. I got my hair done after having our second child, just to feel pretty again. He never even noticed. I bought new clothes to accent my new curves- instead of the sweat pants I had been sporting- nothing! I've tried talking to him, but he's more interested in what's on TV. Talking to him is forced. I have to ask for a response most of the time. I just need some attention!

SOMEONE NOTICE ME, PLEASE!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beanielips
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I am so sorry you are feeling dumped on and forgotten. I don't thunk you are being hormonal, you're being human.

I totally see your point about your mom and Sid. Some people are just afraid to be alone and forget about the world when someone new is in the picture. Just don't burn any bridges... Hopefully they will come to their senses (soon).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:02 AM

I know it feels like know one is giving you attention.   Please don't give up hope, just go on with your life and it will get easei  Sometimes parents want to stay out of their children's lives because they don't want to be a burden on them, but rather to watch over you.  Husbands,they're just men acting to be boys.

midnghtsprnkle
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM

hugs

mp3mom
by Cherrie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. Have you tried talking to your hubby? Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Thanksgiving and Christmas is around the corner maybe things will cheer up for everyone then. Just try to focus on your children and what is happening in your home.

doomshroom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM

I totally understand, and I sympathize. I would be upset as well.

My brother is a drug addict and I'm 33 weeks pregnant. My mom just informed me that "it breaks her heart the she can't get me anything for my baby shower" because she is saving money to bail my brother out of jail for failing to pay his child support for 2 years. Poor him, right?

Anyway, you have every right to be upset, and surely the fact that you're hormonal is just making it hurt more. Tell them all exactly how you feel. If it works, wonderful, if it doesn't, I'm very sorry. Keep your chin up.

Much love from a complete stranger *hug*

SandyToesMomma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Congratulations on your new baby! Sounds like you're being a great daughter/mom/sister/wife. It's really tough when everybody needs to lean on you at once, but at the end of the day you can feel great knowing you are the glue that's holding everything together. Try to be patient with your family members. You know they love you, and I'm sure you understand that it is very difficult to be thoughtful when you're dealing with a personal crisis. Keep your chin up, and keep up the god work. ...and make plans for a date night with your husband if you can.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Thanks, everyone. I feel better now that I got it out. I appreciate all the kind words.

Alexsi1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Congrats on your new baby. I hope everything works out. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyAngel003
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry... I really need to get some things off my chest. I had a baby about a month ago, so I could just be hormonal. Please, feel free to tell me if I'm being crazy.

My mom, twin sister, and I have always been pretty close. We are honest with eachother, and tell eachother almost everything. We have always communicated everyday. Email... text... phone... whatever

About 6 weeks ago, my mom has decided to divorce my stepfather (who has been my father for the last 12 years- including teaching me to drive, and walking me down the isle). They have raised my sisters baby since birth. She was a teenager when she had her, and thought they could give her a better life, which they have.

My sister announced her divorce about 3 weeks ago. She moved in with my husband and I (and our 3 year old & 1 week old). I was there for her. We stayed up talking and crying... doing things sisters would for eachother.

I have been there for the both of them. But, now, my mom has started seeing someone new. She is in love with him, and she's planning on marrying him- you know, when she divorces her husband of 12 years. My sister moved out and is now seeing someone- after she was seperated for a week.

Now- they all of the sudden have no time for me. I try to call and I am told they have to call me back. That's fine... life happens. But, I NEVER get a call back. I don't get emails... text... nothing. The only time I hear from my sister is when she needs to borrow more money. If I didn't attempt to call my mom, I'd never hear from her. My mom has seen my children a total of 3 times in the last 5 weeks. And that's only because I made the attempt.

I know they are going through major life changes right now. I've been there for them. But, they aren't the only ones. I just added a new person to my family! My sister's child has now lost her grandfather whom has been her father her whole life- and her step father! And now, both "mothers" have brought whole new "replacements!" My mom is living with this guy!

I feel completely left out of everything. No one cares to check up on me after having a baby. No one cares about my other child. :(

Not only that, my husband doesn't notice anything new, either. I got my hair done after having our second child, just to feel pretty again. He never even noticed. I bought new clothes to accent my new curves- instead of the sweat pants I had been sporting- nothing! I've tried talking to him, but he's more interested in what's on TV. Talking to him is forced. I have to ask for a response most of the time. I just need some attention!

SOMEONE NOTICE ME, PLEASE!

I'd tell them, nicely, how you feel, what can it hurt they aren't answering you anyway. As for your S/O you need to have a heart to heart and let him know how you feel, if not it will fester and get worse. Tell him you'd like a little attention if he could find the time some night after the kids are down for the night or something like that. It takes sometimes just down right letting a man know how you feel, they can't read your mind, and if you don't he'll just think all is OK. Congrats on the new baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)