Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alexandra's Journal.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:42 AM
  • 26 Replies

11/29-I am sorry I am rambling but I really need to get all this off my chest. Please do not bash me-I'm not sure I can take it right now.

I am beginning to realize that I have no clue who I am anymore. I am overweight and cannot lose weight to save my life. Having PCOS and hypothyroidism makes it problematic, but I try and just cannot get anywhere. I hate the weight I have put on and myself for not being able to lose it.

I have worked as a RN for the past 6 years. What started off as a career I have really enjoyed I am dreading more and more going into work. It's not my co-workers or management or anything like that. I work mainly a medical/surgical/oncology and hospice floor. I have requested a transfer to other floors twice but never got them. I thought working part time would help, but it has not.

Babysitting for DS has become problematic. My mother is chronically ill and cannot look after my son much longer. My in-laws live an hour away. I have other family members, but honestly I do not trust them to take care of DS. I am on a waiting list for two in-home daycares. We have had an ad in the paper for over a month now for a babysitter but nobody has replied. It is looking like one of us will have to stay home. And DH absolutely will not quit his job to stay home. His reasons are valid-the big one being if one of us needed to find a job right away I could get one quicker than he would. While he is right, we would be scraping by on his income and I don't want to do that. I don't care to stay home, but I don't want to struggle doing it. I am looking for work-from-home jobs but I know how hard those are to come by.  

I am starting to resent the turn my life has taken. I love my family so much and I don't want to be like this anymore. I don't know where to begin to find myself again.

I know it's a pity party but I really needed to get this out.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beanielips
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:47 AM
Those are good things to be remembered by. Character worth having.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

welcometo the group Alexis.  

This is a great group to hang out in.

Join us in the CafeMom Journals group!

coffeebaking

s / Cafe Journals Moderator brieri
Where we come to write about experiences and have quality conversations! 

midnghtsprnkle
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:37 AM

you rock

mp3mom
by Cherrie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Excellent qualities to be remembered for.

Quoting Alexsi1:

11/8: What five qualities you'd like to be remembered for?

1. My resilience.
  2. My ethics.
  3. My kindness.
  4. My loyalty.
  5. My strength.

Alexsi1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM
11-9: Picture.

Whoever they are, they look strong, like they have seen and been through many things and can give a person good advice.

A bit superficial, but I like their sunglasses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM
Thanks everybody.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beanielips
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM
Sorry, but your last line cracked me up.

Quoting Alexsi1:

11-9: Picture.

Whoever they are, they look strong, like they have seen and been through many things and can give a person good advice.

A bit superficial, but I like their sunglasses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM

What do you want others to know about your faith?

I have a strong belief in God and have seen some of the wonders He performs. I am nondenominational.

brieri
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Quoting Alexsi1:

What do you want others to know about your faith?

I have a strong belief in God and have seen some of the wonders He performs. I am nondenominational.

The wonders He performs are AWESOME! 

cleanaturalady
by Kim on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Good ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)