• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first diary

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:07 AM
  • 11 Replies
Do you remember where you got your first journal or diary? What did it look like? What kind of things did you put in it? Did it gve a lock?

Tell us about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mp3mom
by Cherrie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I don't remember where I got it. It has a green faux leather cover with the year in gold on the right corner; I have two, which are in my parents' attic. 

beanielips
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM
My very first one I got as a birthday present from a friend. It was a Hello Kitty with a lock! It think I was in the 4th grade when I got it. I treasured it. Especially that it had sections with different colors. We'll ignore that the lock could be opened with a Bobby pin or a hard whack. My next one was from my great grandma. It had a lock too. That was my last one with a lock. Now I just have bound or spiral bound books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iowamommy3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Ha!  Mine was in the 5th grade.  It had teddy bears and a lock on it :)  I was just looking through it the other week.  I was writing all about a boy who wanted to french kiss me when I was in the 6th grade.  LOL :)

totomamma
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM

my first diary I got was when I was in high school. I guess I lived a little to be able to put something in it. (lol). it had a lock on it. I put like dates and special events that happened in my life in it.

beanielips
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Wow, I bet you remember that being a HUGE deal. So often I look back at mine and wonder why I ever thought anything was a big deal.

Quoting iowamommy3:

Ha!  Mine was in the 5th grade.  It had teddy bears and a lock on it :)  I was just looking through it the other week.  I was writing all about a boy who wanted to french kiss me when I was in the 6th grade.  LOL :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Tam_
by Tam on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM

My first diary was a gift from my maternal grandmother.  It was a lock-and-key diary and I still have it.  It's weird to read it now.  I had it when I was 12 and I'm 30 now.

I apologize for the size of the picture; I'm bringing it over from FB.  This is a picture of my very first diary, photo taken a couple of weeks ago.  The books behind it?  All of my other diaries, journals, etc.

_Tam_
by Tam on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Oh yeah.. the books in the background aren't ALL of my journals, either.

MyAngel003
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Quoting beanielips:

Do you remember where you got your first journal or diary? What did it look like? What kind of things did you put in it? Did it gve a lock?

Tell us about it.

I think I had 1 in High School, without a lock, bec I'm ancient. Then my Mom found it and she was not to happy that I had a boyfriend I was in love with, now my S/O . So I guess I threw it away and talked on the phone and kept things to myself, or talked to my BF in High School. It just wasn't worst the hastle with my Mother any more, she was a snoop and could find anything.

brieri
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:46 AM

i was in 7th grade.  I think i either got it for christmas or my birthday.  It was a small red book with a lock and key.  i wrote in it my daily things of what i did at school and convos I had with some school friends and of course all of the different boyfriends I had back then.  lol

awesomeamylynn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:12 AM

I dont remember my very first diary but I do remember one of my favorite ones. It was around Christmas time when I cam across it hidden on the top shelf in the hall closet. I honestly wasnt trying to snoop for presents but i cant recall what I was looking for. Anyway it came in a matching box that had a lock on it. Besides the Diary, inside the box was a matching adress book and pen. I knew rite away it was for me. Whenever my mom wasnt home, I would sneak into the closet and flip through the pages of the Diary and imagine what I would write in it. It said Diary in the front and had a rainbow colored butterfly on it. Inside was a section of yellow pages, a section of pink pages, and a section of pink pages.

I was so happy to get that Diary set on Christmas morning, because then I could actually start writing in it. My mom never knew that I had found it's hidding spot. I wrote in the journal for awhile then gave up. Many years later, it was the first journal I wrote in when I started keepping a journal for what would become 10 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)