Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

sleep

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 3:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
How do your kids sleep at night? How well do you sleep?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:41 AM
Austin wakes up a lot at night!:( He has troubles with his saliva so it's part of the duty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quinnmommy
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Now they sleep great, I could set my clock by them, 9 hours exactly.  But until they were 6 or so no way! They were premies so we had to do the 4 hour feedings, plus they had to take a medicine 45 minutes before, and it took them a very long time to drink 3 oz of formula.  I think that might have set them up for problems, because they did not sleep well until about 6 years of age.  Sometimes it was ear infections, sometimes it was a diaper, but mostly we discovered it was that the regular sheets felt cold to them, even in the summer.  So we started putting flannel or tee shirt material sheets on the bed and that was the trick. 

sukainah
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM

My kids are sleeping good and I am still not

Elayna90
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 3:48 PM
my youngest son has night terrors almost every night.
my oldest son sleeps well but he has apnea and is on a machine at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikailas_mom
by on Aug. 13, 2011 at 1:00 PM

dylan is getting better at night, he was waking up screaming but still asleep...I wasnt sleeping at all for a good amount of time, i got back onto my antidepressants and anxiety meds. He also prescribed me trazodone to help me sleep..I gotta say I love it!!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

My kids sleep well. Jacob better then Katy. Jacob will go 10-11 hours at night. Katy sometimes wakes in the middle of the night, but because the hubby works nights she just goes and passes out on his side and I never hear her anymore.

newmommy-again
by on Aug. 13, 2011 at 4:23 PM

sounds like my house too!

Quoting i.heart.myboys:

Austin wakes up a lot at night!:( He has troubles with his saliva so it's part of the duty.

kerri1205
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Our 10 year old SPD, GAD and OCD never slept through the night (usually waking up 4-5 times a night) until his 8th birthday when we started him on melatonin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN