Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Hello all!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 8:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Winnie and I am a 26 year old married momma of 3 beautiful children. 

My oldest (5 yr old) is technically classified as "special needs".  She has a language comprehension delay which makes it very hard for her to learn.  Thankfully thanks to a WONDERFUL team of teachers, speech pathologists and family she is catching up - even excelling in some areas.  She started 1st grade today, and came home only to report that they didn't actually have school today, just gym.  :)

She will continue speech therapy this year, it will be her third year.

by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Aug. 31, 2011 at 8:23 PM
That's great that she has so much help and is doing so well! Welcome to the group! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Jenn
by Jenn on Sep. 1, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Hi Winnie-Welcome to the group.

My son has been getting ST for the past almost 5 years. He just started 2nd grade on Tuesday. He will also be receiving speech this year-2 days each cycle. He won't start until later in September though.

Keep us posted on how your daughter is doing.

Elayna90
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Hello and welcome!
It sounds like your daughter is doing great! It is always awesone to hear of our kids making progress!

I am really looking forward to getting to know you bettet and hearing more about your little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:52 AM

Hi Winnie, welcome to the grop and so glad to hear that the school system is working well for your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)