Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Hello my name is Joellynn i have been with my hubby for 19 years i have a daughter shyann that is 17 years old and going into the 12th grade she is so special to me she is a great young women with a good head on her shoulders if you were to talk to her you would think your talking to adult she has all good grades in school and does not get in trouble and she is not only my daughter she is my best friend. I also have a son Tyler  he is great he is 12  he got lead poisoning when he was little from a house we rented and we had no idea about the lead.  he has lots of things wrong with him he is mentality disable, Night terrors, His left side of his brain and left side of his nervous system does not work correctly he is always learning the same thing over again he is about at the brain age of a 5 year old learning level he has speech language and behavior problems balance is off he has ADHD he is in a Cross-cat classroom every day i tend to blame my self for my sons disability and sometime wounder why this happened and sometime i fell very lost. he see other kids his age and he wonders why he is not like them and he does not under stand why other kids don't want to play with him it just brakes my heart to see him so sad.

by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Replies (11-16):
BloodyAngel7476
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 7:40 PM

thank you and your welcome it's nice to have a place where people understand sometime i feel so alone i could scream it will be nice to come hear and talk with people who do not judge you.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Totally agree here!  Thanks for sharing and educating us...I'm thoroughly enjoying reading about all this fantastic kids!  They are each SO special!

Quoting Elayna90:

I know you have probably heard it before but I am going to say it again. It isn't your fault. What happens, happens and we just have to move on from there.
Your son is amazing and I am sure you have learned so much from him. Of course you are a good mom! People who stare don't understand and couldn't walk a day in your shoes.

Quoting BloodyAngel7476:

Thank you some times I question if I am a good mom because the way people look at me in a store when my son is running around not listeing or people that say it is my falt my son is like that its hard with that going thru my head

CameronsMommy23
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Welcome! I'm Amber. I joined the group for emotional support & I hope being here helps you as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Jenn
by Jenn on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that.

We live in a very old home and that was one of our fears when we moved here. Both the boys were tested a year after being here for lead--it was heartbreaking watching them being stuck. My poor 6 year old-he was 3 at the time, they couldn't find the vein in his one arm so they had to stick him in the other arm and the whole time he's screaming. Then add in that he had to get two or three shots at the same time. This mama was feeling horrible but it's probably a good thing that I went and not his dad, lol.

Quoting BloodyAngel7476:

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Hi Joellynn-welcome to the group.

My heart is breaking for your son. Are all his diagnosis related to the lead paint? Lead poisoning is so scary and something that is hard to see without testing.

((HUGS))

yes all his diagnosis are related to the lead paint at the age 4 we found out he had 16.9% lead poisoning in his blood the Dr said it was probably higher we moved when he was 3 and at 4 i put him in head start where they test for lead but over time the lead goes away but the side affects are a life time he still to this day has 5% lead in his blood that will always be there.

aidensmomma508
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Welcome to the group! Your family sounds really great.  It was interesting learning more about the issues too, thanks for sharing

sukainah
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Hi Joellynn and Welcome to the group!  Thanks for sharing about your kids!  Glad you are here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)