Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

growth hormones?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi everyone, 

My son Tyler is tiny for his age, he was 4 weeks premature. The endocrinologist suggested growth hormones. I still have to do some research but I just can't see putting him through that. Medically the only problem he has is chronic constipation, he's had a lot of tests. I don't see a problem with him being short unless down the road he's having trouble being socially accepted. I just don't know about this.....

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks so much for reading.

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:31 PM

i would have to majorly have to research

karenl
by Karen on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Yes that's what I'm in the process of doing. The doctors make it sound like no big deal. Crazy...

Quoting letstalk747:

i would have to majorly have to research

lfrrll5
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:44 PM
My doctor as a kid wanted me to take it but after my parents discussed it they decided not to. I am not tall but I am 4ft 11in and I do fine. I am short but I dont have too many struggles. My legs hurt fom time to time but that has less to do with my size and more to do with an injury I had as a child. I would definitely weigh pros and cons first. I am glad my parents chose not to give me the hormone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karenl
by Karen on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Thank you for your reply!

Quoting lfrrll5:

My doctor as a kid wanted me to take it but after my parents discussed it they decided not to. I am not tall but I am 4ft 11in and I do fine. I am short but I dont have too many struggles. My legs hurt fom time to time but that has less to do with my size and more to do with an injury I had as a child. I would definitely weigh pros and cons first. I am glad my parents chose not to give me the hormone.

Elayna90
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:56 PM
I haven't run into that with my boys as they are big for their age.
My mom had the option for me and opted out. I am short but nothing wrong with that. I do have some leg and back problems but much of that could have been avoided if I hadn't been so rough on my body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karenl
by Karen on Sep. 2, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I'm short too, 5'1 and my hubby is 5"4. 

Quoting Elayna90:

My mom had the option for me and opted out. I am short but nothing wrong with that. I do have some leg and back problems but much of that could have been avoided if I hadn't been so rough on my body.

Elayna90
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 12:47 AM
I'm 4'10 but my hubby is 6'0. Lol.
It looks like both of the boys will be tall too.

Quoting karenl:

I'm short too, 5'1 and my hubby is 5"4. 

Quoting Elayna90:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karenl
by Karen on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM

My dad was 6'1 so I'm hoping my boys got some of his genes! lol

sukainah
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I think if you just raise him to have confidence in himself, being short or anything else won't matter to him.  

karenl
by Karen on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Thanks!

Quoting sukainah:

I think if you just raise him to have confidence in himself, being short or anything else won't matter to him.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)