Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe.......

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM
  • 15 Replies

that you were "hand picked" to be mom to a child with special needs?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:36 PM

if i wasnt i should of been , cause im a good one

CameronsMommy23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I think I was. I was also chosen to be a mom of multiples!  I just keep reminding myself that you're never given more than you can handle. So someone must think pretty highly of me!! ;0) lol

sammygrl77
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Yes and no. Its hard for me because I don't believe in religion. But I think the events in my life lead me to be the perfect person for the job. I try to keep believing its fate because it does make it easier on had days. I try Not to think about the SN children that aren't so lucky.

Other things that go through my mind is that maybe it is fate for other reasons. Maybe my children will make a difference in someone else's life. Or maybe the legal issues we are going through will enable us to help others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NannyElin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Funny thing, I studied Cystic Fibrosis in high school and in some college classes. I was just kind of drawn to it. I also have been learning sign language since i was 8 years old.

It was a shock to learn she had CF after being told while pregnant that she wouldnt have it. But i was able to handle it because i knew a lot about it.

And when she was in the hospital and we had no idea what was going on with her i knew everything would be ok. And when they told me she had Auditory Neuropathy I was able to handle it because i know sign language....

Its strange how some things work out. I think not only that i was picked to have a special needs child but i think i was lead to learn about these kinds of problems before she was even created. =)

CameronsMommy23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM

That's a really great story!

Quoting NannyElin:

Funny thing, I studied Cystic Fibrosis in high school and in some college classes. I was just kind of drawn to it. I also have been learning sign language since i was 8 years old.

It was a shock to learn she had CF after being told while pregnant that she wouldnt have it. But i was able to handle it because i knew a lot about it.

And when she was in the hospital and we had no idea what was going on with her i knew everything would be ok. And when they told me she had Auditory Neuropathy I was able to handle it because i know sign language....

Its strange how some things work out. I think not only that i was picked to have a special needs child but i think i was lead to learn about these kinds of problems before she was even created. =)

CameronsMommy23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM

That's a good way to put it too! :)

Quoting sammygrl77:

Yes and no. Its hard for me because I don't believe in religion. But I think the events in my life lead me to be the perfect person for the job. I try to keep believing its fate because it does make it easier on had days. I try Not to think about the SN children that aren't so lucky.

Other things that go through my mind is that maybe it is fate for other reasons. Maybe my children will make a difference in someone else's life. Or maybe the legal issues we are going through will enable us to help others.

sammygrl77
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM
That is amazing!

Quoting NannyElin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tvschiulaz
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM

No.  I do not believe I was hand picked at all.  I do not consider myself any more special than anyone else.  The only diff bet me and most is that I have IEP's and doctors to juggle while the majority around me struggle mainly with HomeWork and playdates.

Besides, God would truly have to have a warped sense of humor to place ME as I was with such a child.  Trust me, you would not want ME (as i was ladies) taking care of anyones child. LOL

Ah how she has changed me....for the better of course.

Elayna90
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:16 PM
This is a hard one for me. I am not sure how to word this well. I don't believe the Gods interfere with fate and free will.
Many of the dxs my kids have are genetic. I have the same or similar dxs.
Also, choices I made may have led to some of Alex's medical issues (I'll explain if anyone wants me to but it is kind of long).
If the Gods were to interfere with ys, I think I am one of the last people who would be picked. Some days I am not very confident about myself as a mother at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Morningdove21
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Yes because I know God doesn't give us things we can't handle. Eventhough sometimes I wonder lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)