• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 7 year old still cant form sentence.. am worry

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am sooo worry about my little girl, she has had speech therapy for several years and she still cant talk or express herself. I dont want her to struggle in life, she has downs syndrome.. and is hard already but if she doenst get to developed her speech she will face harder difficulties in life... my heart brakes just to thing that she cant defend herself and cant let me know what she needs.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
poshkat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:12 PM

im sorry you are having such a tought time. is she in any kind of speech therapy? if not you should look into it

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:19 PM
I'm so sorry. Communication is such a hard struggle!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:20 PM

i hear ya , sad

Solarpupw2boys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM

I know exactly how you feel. My boys are 7 and 4. The only time they speak in full sentences it to repeat a tv show or song. They don't tell us what they need, how they feel, or just even have a 2 way converstation with them. Asking what they did at school is like talking to a brick wall. They both go to speech therapy and I have seen some improvements but they are very slow at showing themselves. Just today out of the blue my 4 yr old wanted one of my grapes. So I told him to say "more grapes", he instead said "I want more grapes, please." Totally blew me away and made me cry. LOL It will come just maybe in small doses.

Gbonilla
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Thank you for all your advice and thoughts, it was nice to hear that we are having almost the same problems.. she has been in speech therapy for alot of years, but i was really happy to know thayt it does work from what you guys have posted. Thank you to the mom that wrote that her son" ask for grapes please"... it was amazing to hear that and gives me hope...

mommynonstop216
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:05 PM

My son(5yrs) has speech apraxia and has issues speaking. we have this great program with his Ipod called proloque2go and it has been a life saver he will use it to tell us everything and it has been helping him slowly devolping his speech. He is receiving speech in school and fingers crossed it will help and I'll hear him say "I Love You" heck ill even take "you suck" and be happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)