Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Where do your kids eat?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 20 Replies

At the table with you during mealtimes?  At a different time?  Does your kid eat in the living room or at the table?

by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Brady doesn't eat when we do...he eats before we eat usually...he has a booster seat at the table and I feed him usually about an hour before we eat.  I usually do his g-tube feed of water and meds, then I feed him, then I cook the meal for us, we eat, and then I do another g-tube feed of pediasure for him.  That's the usual routine:)

megs2boys
by Member on Oct. 30, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Sammy typically eats in his feeding chair  in the living room while he watches Mickey Mouse. He doesnt eat table foods just tube fed so we rarely eat at the same time. Sometimes we bring him to the table to explore what we are eating if its something he likes to play with (aka throw on the floor)!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 30, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Does he get continuous feeds during the day?  Is that why he's in a feeding chair?  

Quoting megs2boys:

Sammy typically eats in his feeding chair  in the living room while he watches Mickey Mouse. He doesnt eat table foods just tube fed so we rarely eat at the same time. Sometimes we bring him to the table to explore what we are eating if its something he likes to play with (aka throw on the floor)!

megs2boys
by Member on Oct. 30, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Nope he eats 4 times a day, 9 ounce feeds, and his feeding chair is just a booster sized reclining high chair from fisher price! We love it though, best 55 dollars ever spent! If he is not confined to the chair though he will rip out his feeding tube. He just LOVES that cord!!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Does he get continuous feeds during the day?  Is that why he's in a feeding chair?  

Quoting megs2boys:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 30, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I worded that wrong...I meant to ask are his feedings during the day bolus or continuous through the pump?  I assume continuous over an hour or so if you're doing 9 ounces?

Brady gets bolus feeds during the day and a continuous night feed of about 15 ounces over the course of about 5-6 hours while he sleeps.

Quoting megs2boys:

Nope he eats 4 times a day, 9 ounce feeds, and his feeding chair is just a booster sized reclining high chair from fisher price! We love it though, best 55 dollars ever spent! If he is not confined to the chair though he will rip out his feeding tube. He just LOVES that cord!!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting megs2boys:

sammygrl77
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 3:07 PM
We all eat at the dinner table together. Christopher sits in a reclined high chair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Oct. 30, 2011 at 3:14 PM
At the table!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 3:17 PM

if we eat at the table he eats in his chair at the table. If we eat in the living room he sits in a feeder seat, that we are borrowing from a friend right now, and gets fed. We eat at the same time. We take turns helping little man to feed himself

mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 30, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Dd sits at the table. Usually by herself since I don't eat at the same time she does. Ds still has to be held for his bottle.

megs2boys
by Member on Oct. 30, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Ohhhh hahaha! Yes he is always fed through the pump, he used to get bolus feeds but then he started vomitting really badly ALL the time and even though his getting bolus feeds had nothing to do with it they made us stop and only use the pump. I was pretty mad about it but it worked out for the best because now if we try at all to bolus feed him he spends the entire time fighting it like crazy!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I worded that wrong...I meant to ask are his feedings during the day bolus or continuous through the pump?  I assume continuous over an hour or so if you're doing 9 ounces?

Brady gets bolus feeds during the day and a continuous night feed of about 15 ounces over the course of about 5-6 hours while he sleeps.

Quoting megs2boys:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting megs2boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)