Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of things do you hate people saying about YOUR child?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM
  • 41 Replies

Has someone ever said something that you do not like about your child? What things get on your nervse?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seoulmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this
"Look at that baby in a wheelchair"
Its soo annoying when people point & stare not to mention he's 6 so its not like he really looks like a baby anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela6296
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM
i hate it when other people use my pet name for my son. unless it's family, then it's sweet <3
carley43789
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM
"what's wrong with him?".... uh nothing is wrong with him but if you'd like to know his diagnosis it's cerebral palsy. "what happened to his face?"... he has a clft lip & palate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom18103
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:22 PM

M answer to that one would be "what is wrong with U?"

Quoting carley43789:

"what's wrong with him?".... uh nothing is wrong with him but if you'd like to know his diagnosis it's cerebral palsy. "what happened to his face?"... he has a clft lip & palate.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM
It annoys the crap out of me when people assume he has autism just because it's the disability du jour! But it's fun to turn around and be like, "um no... They had to cut out half of his brain to save him from his hundreds of daily seizures." tends to shock people. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandadoyon
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

he's so little, He's spoiled, don't treat him any different then other kids, he's just different, he'll grow out of it... the worst thing is when someone acts like they know everything about his medical condition and how I should treat him and try to tell me everything is going to be fine like they know everything... good god don't tell me everything is fine and he is going to grow out of it no don't say that let me learn to cope with it and be okay with it and move on... basically if you are not part of his team of doctors don't give me medical advice or even a poutty face

happygolucky106
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this

slow down,speak slower, well hell, my son has a stutter problem and people just need to be quiet and let him get it out the best he can. And then he has a hard time getting words out too.We were at a Meijer and my son went to get a ice-cream at the cafe and he came back upset cuz the lady told him to speak right . I went to the store manager--lets just say I said my peace.

notdown4games
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM
A little girl was playing with brandon in the store (about a week post of so we still had staples and a drainage tube in his head) and as the kids were getting ready to high5 her mom finally noticed they were playing. She ran over, snatched her daughter up and said "what the hell do yoiu think you're doing? Don't touch IT". I wanted to kill her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCmoma08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM
my ds dosent have any visable health issues so the worst one i get is hes 3 why is he so small well um not that its ur business but im 5'3 and his daddy is 5'5 can u please stop assuming my child should be as big as ur kid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Uhm, because ds doesn't physically look like there are problems we really haven't had any negative comments yet. I'm sure as he grows and is outwardly showing he's delayed things will be said. Although I did have someone I thought was a best friend tell me she hated talking about ds and his "issues".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)