Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What IS OCD???

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

What are the symptoms and what is it and how do you know if your child has it???? Please help...

by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
7399kristal
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:53 AM

My son has OCD and for him he obsessed with movies he will find them no matter where we go.Also things have to be a certain way doors shut, chair up to the table. He will walk out the door but have to watch to make sure that it is going to shut. Things have a place and they have to be it there place so he thinks. I hope this helps!

happygolucky106
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Quoting 7399kristal:

My son has OCD and for him he obsessed with movies he will find them no matter where we go.Also things have to be a certain way doors shut, chair up to the table. He will walk out the door but have to watch to make sure that it is going to shut. Things have a place and they have to be it there place so he thinks. I hope this helps!

See my son is 10,, every time he asks me a question and I give him the answer he ALWAYS says the opposite or my answer is wrong and he will say something totaly different as the answer... Does this make sence??
Maybe its ODD Im looking for...I dont know but what he does is called something..

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:09 AM

My son is obsessed with movies too! And writing stories! He has to have things a certain way.

Quoting 7399kristal:

7399kristal
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

My son is obsessed with movies too! And writing stories! He has to have things a certain way.

Quoting 7399kristal:

I always say you could take 1 movie and hid it in Kroger'sand then take him in there and he would walk you right to ! His therapist says in a way he can smell them so to speak and I believe it .

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Wow! My son always talks about movies! Any movies,movies that don't come out till 2016!

Quoting 7399kristal:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting 7399kristal:

I always say you could take 1 movie and hid it in Kroger'sand then take him in there and he would walk you right to ! His therapist says in a way he can smell them so to speak and I believe it .

7399kristal
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Wow! My son always talks about movies! Any movies,movies that don't come out till 2016!

Quoting 7399kristal:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting 7399kristal:

Now my son has Autism and non verbal. But I bet if he could talk I would hear all about the movies and him wanting to get movie ! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)