Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

all got sick , took anti- biotics , got better , then sick again all in 4 week period , ,,, anybody else

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:54 AM
  • 10 Replies

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Yuck! I'm sorry. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:44 PM
I'm sorry:(

I hope you get better quickly and stay better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2awnry
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:28 PM

just a rule of thumb here... anytime people take antibiotics (which kills both bad and good bacteria), they need to follow-up with a week of Probiotics to replace all the good bacteria that is part of a healthy immune system. If you don't put the good stuff back in, you're gonna get sick in 4-6 weeks. 

22Valerie
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I did that a few years ago with an ear infection. It just would NEVER get better by the end of the summer I had lost a small percentage of hearing in my right ear.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Good point!  When Brady's on antibiotics, which happens ALL the time, he's ALWAYS put on a probiotic at the same time and it lasts longer than the antibiotic so as to replace those good bacteria.  His doctor has always had him do that.  Thanks for sharing that with everyone mama!

Quoting 2awnry:

just a rule of thumb here... anytime people take antibiotics (which kills both bad and good bacteria), they need to follow-up with a week of Probiotics to replace all the good bacteria that is part of a healthy immune system. If you don't put the good stuff back in, you're gonna get sick in 4-6 weeks. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Feel better soon mama!

princessputter
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM

The antibotics also lowered you immune system

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I'm sorry. We are battling a cold here, but don't get anything for it, since there usually isnt anything.

lifeisajoy
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Hope You all feel better soon!! We had colds but did not taking antibiotics for it just over counter meds and home remedies--mine lasted 2 weeks and so did my son's and husband--better now

i.heart.myboys
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Poor thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)